Chapter 34: Ex-girlfriend? isn't it?

Damian's POV

As I'm the one suggested to be left to watch Emman here, well, literally I wanted to. I'm excited inside, thinking how it sounded or the feeling to be called Daddy for the first time. In my profession as a doctor, there are many things that have happened and in a situation that a little kid could accidentally call me daddy but its strange and amusing. Still it's different if your true and biological child would call you that. It's a different prospect then.

I put my hand over her forehead, feeling her body temperature if it did decrease. Thank fully it is. Emman stretches her body and fluttered her eyes open, seeing me at the side of the bed, watching her.

"Hi," I smiled, shoving her hairs out of her face.

"Hi, Um... Where's Mom—- I mean Katy. Sorry." She said sheepishly.

"You don't need to be sorry Emman. I knew everything about you and your mother." I said emphasizing the last word.

"Oh, really? Like I'm not Katy Perry's niece because I'm her daughter." She said seriously.

"Yeah, like you are Katy Perry's daughter and mine too." I said in full of confidence and not afraid of what would be her reaction but I know deep inside she's okay with it.

She creases her eyebrows and sat up. "No way!! Are you sure?" She was surprise. I nod and hold her hand. "Like you really my father? Ever since? Like really? It's not a joke? Or even you'll be my father if you propose to Mom." She gasped, pointing at me. I smiled in amusement because she's really damn surprise and can't even believe it at the first place. "Did you propose to her already?" She question.

I softly laughed. "No, not yet. It's not a joke or even that Katy and I should be married after you're going to be my legal child but really," I explained. "You. Are. My. Daughter." I said.

"My gosh, I'm confuse, okay. Explain further my head is starting to ache again." She complains which I found funny as she holds her head. She was like panicking and really wondering at what I've said.

"okay, listen. I'm your biological father." I started as she gave me her jaw dropping expression. It's priceless, her reaction is priceless. "It happened when Katy and I been together in the past ten or almost eleven years..., so, do you remember at her concert where I asked you to help me talked to her?" I asked as she nods. "That's one of the topic we've talked, it's about you. That I thought she miscarried her pregnancy because of me that I'm not there to support her. I carried those guilty feeling through the past years of believing that you didn't make it out because of your stupid and coward father." I explained as I started to feel ashamed of what I've done to Katy.

Emman shakes her head, opposing to what I have said. "No, you're not coward and stupid. If you are coward, you're not here in front of me, explaining these things. And if you're stupid, you didn't have the profession you have now." She said and smirks at the end. Silly kid.

 I petted her head and ruined her hair as she shoved my hand away from her. Then she holds it, looking at me. She got the point. How brilliant in a simple way.

She stared intently at me, wanting more stories and needing to continue what I've started. "Okay, go on now.  What's next?" She said.