Chapter Twenty-Eight

Okay, everyone seems pretty damn confused, so here’s a short rundown of the last chapter for people who don’t get what the heck is going on. Taylor and Karlie are still in a secret relationship, they are STILL engaged. Taylor explains to Karlie that she is going to Nashville in order to heal some of the scars her past relationships and the media have inflicted on her – doing this will end an era of sadness, ready for her to progress into a healthy love with Karlie. She promises to return to pick up where she left off with Karlie at the end of summer, when she is a happier person, free of all the depressing misconceptions she has about love. They are both in agreement that this is the best thing to do if they want a long-lasting and happy marriage.

This line has also seemed to confuse people a lot, although I have no clue why:

What..?” She questioned the girl who sat before her, tears in her eyes.

This is simply Karlie asking Taylor to repeat herself, as she can’t believe that Taylor is leaving to go to Nashville without her. Simple. Anyway – on with the next chapter!

*  *  *

            The apartment was empty and still. Taylor dropped her bags on the floor, sighing. It was for their own good. She had set herself three tasks to complete by the end of summer; one - dispel the rumours of her and Karlie’s relationship before the media had any chance to rip them apart, two – put everything she knew about love behind her because she knew it was completel and utter bullshit, and three – finish 1989. Hopefully, they would all become pretty interlinked. The release of her first single would supposedly help dispel the rumours, and set alight all the harrowing memories she had lingering in the back of her mind from her past lovers. Karlie was not one of them, and she knew she never would be.

            It was late. The shorter girl sat in her kitchen, alone and in silence, holding her phone as she waited for her sweetheart in LA to pick up the call. She missed her.

            The model felt the phone in her pocket buzz, and panicked to get to it before Taylor rang off. She knew it was Taylor. She held the phone up to her ear, excited to hear the other girl’s voice again.

“Tay?” She smiled, slightly tearful as she remembered the fact that she wouldn’t see her love for a few more months. The girl on the opposite end of the phone grinned.

“Hey, honey. How are you holding out?” Taylor asked. The girl with the green eyes was quiet for a second.

“..I really miss you.” She replied eventually. The other girl heard her lover’s smile drop over the line.

“I miss you too. But, I have to do this. I promise you, I’ll call every day.” She insisted, determined to stop Karlie from breaking down as she sat on the bed, alone in LA.

“I know you will, baby. What are you planning on doing in Nashville anyway?” She asked, changing to subject in an attempt to stop herself from getting too upset. This excited Taylor, who was eager to share her grand plan with her fiancé. She swallowed her excitement, letting Karlie guess a little.

“You’ll see – but, I’ll give you a hint. The new single comes out August 18th.” She let the detail slip, and the younger girl’s eyebrows raised in surprise.