Chapter Sixteen (25th Birthday Special Edition!)

So, it's Taylor's 25th birthday! In celebration, this is the latest chapter. I've included alot of stuff that may destroy your feelings, so take precaution. Here's to another 25 years of awesomeness! (If I had a glass right now, I would be raising it, but I don't so enjoy today while it lasts!)

        Taylor couldn’t bear the idea of spending January alone. The worst month. Nothing happens, it’s just cold and wet and Christmas has already been so there’s no excuse to eat a shitload of junk food. It had been an hour since Cara had left, and she sort of regretted sending her away. But, then again, we all need some time to think. It was only 4:51pm, but it was already twilight, and the girl with the blue eyes had no idea what to do with herself. Anything her mind suggested didn’t seem to fit; she didn’t feel like it at all, but she decided eventually that watching TV would have to do, as long as it was something intense and grisly like Law & Order: SVU. The idea of watching a rom-com or a sit-com or a drama was unbearable.

            As Cara sat on the boardwalk of Santa Monica, watching the sun sink below the horizon in a glowing crack, the American model came up from behind, joining her.

“Done, it’s in the car.” She smiled at her friend, thankful for all the support. The Brit grinned, delighted with her work.

“Great. I guess all we can do now is wait, kill some time.” She replied, turning to look out across the Pacific. They sat in silence.

“Y’know, we used to do this.” Karlie smiled, looking down at her hands as she remembered Taylor paddling in the water like a little kid that evening. The other model grinned. The idea that she was the one to help save this relationship made her feel somewhat special.

“I can tell you two have something special. I suppose that’s why I’m trying so hard to help you out. I don’t want to see this fail because I know that if another relationship crashes and burns…” Cara went quiet for a second, “Taylor will too.”

            There was a reasonably large choice of arcades that were still open along the coast of Santa Monica, perfect for wasting an evening away, letting the nerves build up inside for Karlie and Cara.

“I have no change.” Cara muttered, the neon lights glowing in the dark as the two girls walked on by. It was 6pm. The other model frowned, hoping that time would move faster.

“Oh.”

            The end credits rolled down the TV on Taylor’s third episode of SVU. She was entirely addicted.

“Shit.” She whispered to herself. She was hungry, she hadn’t really eaten all day, but nothing seemed to tickle her fancy. It seemed awful, but she wanted a takeout. Chinese food or something, with tonnes of salt and MSG and pure fat. God, she was craving saturates. She rolled lazily off of her bed and went downstairs to fetch the menu and her phone before dialling the number and waiting for the restaurant to pick up.

“Hi, can I order a meal for four, please?” She asked, not even feeling guilty about the fact that she was going to eat all of it herself. The receptionist noted down her order, making sure Taylor knew the food would be delivered in about twenty minutes.

            By this point, Santa Monica bay was entirely dark as the two girls sat on a bench by yet another arcade.

“I think maybe now’s the time.” Cara broke the silence, smiling to Karlie through the darkness. The other model bridled slightly, the nerves really kicking in. But she grinned back anyway as the adrenaline and excitement merged with her anxiety. Both girls stood up from the bench, making their way back to Cara’s car a few roads away. It was a ten minute walk, if that, and then a twenty minute drive.