Chapter Ten

The door to Taylor’s Beverly Hills residence clicked open. It had been empty for weeks, the furniture sitting exactly where she had left it. The girl with the blue eyes dragged her luggage into the hallway, and closed the door to the warm weather. She found it difficult to believe that it was winter, thanks to the LA heat that was strong all-year-round. She unlocked Meredith’s cat carrier, allowing the tiny fluff ball to roam freely around the house.

            After sitting the armchair in silence for a minute or so, Taylor pulled out her phone to check on her messages; to check on Karlie. The model had sent her a message, from the photographer’s shoot in Santa Monica.

“Shoot will be over in a little less than an hour. I’ll get a taxi to BevHills. Cya soon, babe.”

            Taylor grinned as she read the text, a light bulb pinging in her mind. She stood up to grab her purse from the dresser in the hall, rummaging through the numerous items that were just lying loose inside, before she found her car keys.

            The satnav in Taylor’s car processed the address of the studio before directing her to where Karlie was having the shoot. She took the handbrake off and held down the clutch to change gear, reversing out of her driveway and turning onto the main road. Unfortunately for Taylor, the traffic in Hollywood was pretty tiresome. She sat restlessly in her car, unbearably excited to see Karlie after two weeks away from one another. The girl with the blue eyes could barely contain herself as the lights changed to green and she sped down the highway to Santa Monica.

            Photo shoots were tiring – that was one thing Taylor could relate to – and the idea of being picked up from a shoot by surprise seemed delightful, especially as Karlie hadn’t seen Taylor in days. She turned into the parking lot, about forty-five minutes after leaving the house, and opened the door of the car to step out. The heat hit her, which was odd for late December. Taylor pulled her hair back into a hairband, pulling her bangs out at the front. Damn, she needed a haircut bad. She locked the car and made her way to the reception to ask after Karlie. Funnily enough, the receptionist was rather surprised to see Taylor walk through the door so unexpectedly. The girl with the ponytail smiled and approached the desk, leaning on the counter.

“Hi, I believe Ms Kloss was scheduled to shoot here today - is she still working?”” Taylor smiled. The receptionist grinned nervously in response and fumbled to check through some documents, presumably looking for the timetable that week. The singer watched as the receptionist flicked through numerous pages before pinpointing the information she needed.

“Ah, yes! Here – it says she’s scheduled to finish roundabout now.” And as the clerk’s tongue flickered on the final word, Karlie stepped through a push door and into the reception from the studios and dressing rooms. Taylor couldn’t help but grin when Karlie realised that she was there waiting to pick her up. The model gasped in disbelief and squealed as she ran over to Taylor, hugging her.

“You came to pick me up; you’re the cutest person ever!” Karlie beamed, squeezing Taylor as tightly as Taylor was squeezing her.

“I wanted to surprise you. Merry Christmas – albeit, I’m slightly late.” The shorter girl giggled slightly. Karlie stepped back to look at the other girl.

“As am I! Merry Christmas, Tay.” The girl with the green eyes smiled, “I love you.” She added riskily. Taylor went stiff, her eyes flicking to the receptionist who stood, rigidly and awkwardly watching them. Karlie winked at the blue eyed girl before turning to receptionist.