Chapter Twenty-Three

Taylor scrunched up her nose, smelling the model’s perfume as she rose to consciousness that morning. She looked up and saw her fiancé still sleeping, both girls entirely naked after their activities the night before. The shorter girl prodded Karlie, sitting up. She needed coffee.

“Karls? Karls. Wake the fuck up, Karls.” The girl with the blue eyes whispered, her voice hoarse and raspy after last night. The model could hear it as she came around and opened her eyes in a tired smile.

“You’re voice is so freaking sexy.” She moaned, kissing Taylor. Her morning breath wasn’t even a problem. The older girl sat up in the back seat, hugging her body to protect it from the cold.

“Can we get coffee?” She asked, huskier than ever. The model bit her lip, and could feel herself moistening as she heard Taylor speak. But she snapped back into reality.

“Sure.” She answered as she forced the sparks to die down.

            Skinny jeans and warm tops slid onto their bodies as they got changed in the cramped car. The rear-view mirror was the best they could’ve hoped for when it came to applying some light makeup and brushing the sex out of their hair. The girl with the green eyes sat in the driver’s seat as she watched Taylor remove the knots from her blonde tendrils. Such a mundane activity, but Karlie could never tire of watching her fiancé move in such a magical fashion.

            There was something fresh about that morning. Whether it was the windows, still frosted with steam, or the fresh dew on the grass outside, or the fact that the girls could see their breath in clouds before their faces – it didn’t matter, because it felt clean.

“If I don’t get coffee soon, I’m going to get a headache tonight. C’mon.” Taylor pulled at the younger girl’s clothing like an impatient little kid as her lover checked for messages on her phone. She suddenly snapped, dropping her cell on the dashboard and starting the car engine with a jolt that sent the shorter girl flying forward and hitting the glove box with a grunt.

“Wear a seatbelt!” She grinned sarcastically, taking off the parking break and reversing into the road without a car. Taylor pulled herself back into shotgun, yanking on her seatbelt and clicking it into place with deliberately exaggerated movements, as if to make a point. She widened her eyes at Karlie; threatening but cute. The model scoffed. She couldn’t take the girl seriously.

“It must be so hard to appear assertive when you look like that all the time.” The comment teased the girl with the blue eyes as her expression fell neutral. She tried to keep a straight face, but Karlie’s sarcasm got the better of her, and she resorted to just bursting out into a fit of giggles.

“I don’t know if that’s a compliment or not, but thanks.” She croaked after calming herself down. The model stopped at the traffic lights, leading her onto the main road, and looked over to the girl with the red lips as she let her eyes rest on the girl.

“It was.” She whispered.

            West Hollywood was surprisingly settled for a weekday morning, with the breakfast bars and boutiques only just opening themselves to the springtime sun in southern California. Starbucks in plain sight as Karlie rolled the car halfway onto the pavement, casually finding a free park on the high street. Perhaps it was just luck.

            The bitter aroma of freshly ground coffee weaved its way through the café’s ground floor, fuelling Taylor’s craving as she eased the door open and made her way inside, followed by a disinterested Karlie with a phone in her hand. The shorter girl approached the counter confidently, before realising she wasn’t wearing her glasses or her contacts to read the specials. She squinted, hoping the blurred letters would become clearer if she made herself look dumber.