Chapter Twenty

As the car pulled up outside Taylor’s Southern penthouse, a wave of nostalgia brushed over her mind. She hadn’t returned to her Nashville home in months, spending a great deal of her time in Beverly Hills and Rhode Island. The idea of purchasing an apartment in New York City had crossed her mind several times recently, however. She felt that the busyness of the bustling city, tall buildings and bright lights would complement her humbled lifestyle pretty well.

            The younger girl stepped out of the car, circling around to reach her fiancé’s side; opening the door and having Taylor take her hand. She helped the shorter girl out of the car, letting her fingertips caress the singer’s hip as she caught her in a stand. Karlie pulled the girl’s body close to her own and spoke in a whisper.

“Do you want to take a shower?” The whisper pierced the girl with the blue eyes seductively, causing her to bridle in the model’s grasp.

“With you?” She asked after a moment of silence, allowing her fingers to move down to Karlie’s ass, groping it slightly. The taller girl bit her lip in a smile and a nod.

“Of course.” She ran her hand down Taylor’s arm, grasping her hand and moving it up to her waistline in a less risqué gesture. The singer smiled, as if she’d be found out when pushing the boundaries too far in public. She giggled, placing her head on Karlie’s shoulder in a hug. Suddenly, the model felt the older girl’s breath against her ear, leaving the hairs on her neck to bristle as Taylor giggled in a playful whisper.

“Then let’s go.”

            Karlie felt herself being pushed against the wall, her naked body chilled by the tiles lining the shower. The warm water burst from the showerhead as she felt Taylor’s heat on her skin, their kiss clean and raw. Steam misted up the glass and fogged the vision of both girls, who could only feel for each other’s bodies in the heat of the water that hammered down on their shoulders. The model ran her fingers through Taylor’s hair, which was slick and black with water, using her grip to hold their kiss together. The shorter girl moaned, feeling the wetness of Karlie’s kisses on her neck, and walked her fingers through the valley of the model’s abs and down to her opening. All the wetness from the water was perfect lubrication for Taylor to slide inside, asserting dominance over the taller girl, who couldn’t help but lean against the tiled wall after a sequence of pleasured moans.

“Keep going.” She begged in a breath, as if the words weren’t supposed to escape her lips. The girl with the blue eyes giggled, her eyes widened by her long lashes as she grinned intensely, leaning in to press her lip’s to Karlie’s. The model couldn’t stand this torture, and pulled Taylor’s body closer to hers, cupping her breasts in one quick movement. The tables had turned.

            She knelt down, placing her tongue warmly on the shorter girl’s bundle of nerves before she’d had a chance to finish the model off. Karlie didn’t exactly need Taylor’s help when it came to that – she could see to it herself, and pushed her fingers onto her own clit. Her tongue flicked at the other girl’s senses, forcing her up against the opposite wall as the warm water continued to hammer down on the two of them. The tension built within both women, but not enough to send Taylor over the edge just yet. Karlie stood up, smirking at the shorter girl with a cat-like stare. She was breathless, trying hard not to touch herself as she waited for the model to do something – anything. And that’s when the girl with the green eyes reached for the shower head, the water streaming from it intensely, and directed it at the singer’s clit as a last manoeuvre.

            An orgasm-inducing moan haunted Karlie’s ears as she watched her fiancé slide to a crouching position in pleasure. And the wave of bliss kissed her too, sending her into an ecstasy of paradise almost immediately after Taylor.

            They crouched on the floor, leaning against opposite walls as the water rained down onto their naked bodies. The singer opened her eyes tiredly, but managed to sport a thankful smile as she reached across to the taller girl with her right hand. Karlie opened her eyes to Taylor, the image of her arm came into focus in time for the model to reach out and grab it, suspending their linkage as they continued to sit on the chilled tiles of the bathroom floor.

*  *  *

            January had dragged on slowly, and it was blatantly obvious that everyone was glad it was almost over. But, for Taylor, her schedule was always packed. With a week of shows in London over the next week, it would be hard not to see her fiancé for such an extended period of time. The flights, there and back, and the lonely nights in the hotel and tech rehearsals without the person she loved would be a drag. The only thing she genuinely was excited for were the performances each evening. Hosting sold out shows for a week in the world’s best music venue really was an achievement. She’d conquered Wembley, sure, but nothing quite matched up to the quality of the O2.

“I’m going to miss you.” Taylor whined quietly, resting her head on Karlie’s chest as the background noise from the TV chattered in the distance. The model rubbed the older girl’s cheek with her thumb tenderly, perhaps trying to follow the plotline on the screen.

“Honey, it’ll be harder for me. You have sell-out shows and those awesome accents to keep you entertained. I’ll just be back in New York, waiting it out.” Karlie reasoned with the shorter girl, knowing that her situation would probably be harder to suffer through than Taylor’s. The girl with the blue eyes nodded, understanding that what the model said was probably true.

“Fair enough.” She agreed, “but can we plan something fun to do when we’re not so busy – say, March?” The girl looked to Karlie hopefully. She nodded, of course.

“Definitely. Any ideas?” She asked, assuming Taylor already had something in mind. The shorter girl sat up, leaning to her bedside cabinet for her laptop, turning it on and bringing up the internet browser. Karlie repositioned her pillows on the bed, turning the volume on the TV down and giving her lover her full attention.

“Broadway show in NYC?” She suggested, merely throwing ideas around. The girl with the blue eyes thought about this for a second.

“Perhaps, but I’d prefer to get out of the city. Away from it all, y’know?” The model understood, nodding. They sat in silence, pensive.

“This is probably a bad idea, but what if we just get lost? Go to California, and drive. See what we find. Go on a walk, take some photos, and let what happens…” She paused, “happen.”

            The idea was dangerous. Two girls just dropping everything and driving off into the wilds of the west with no idea where they were headed. It was perfect. Taylor smiled, almost flattered by the fact that Karlie daydreamed so enthusiastically about spending an idle day with her. She turned to the model, biting her lip, as if she wasn’t allowed to agree.

“I like it.”