Chapter Thirteen

Author’s note: so, its chapter thirteen, which means I’m going to do something special with the way Karlie and Taylor’s relationship is played out. I hope you like it! Also, it’s Taylor’s birthday next Saturday (obviously), so I will be uploading a chapter on the 13th too! If you have any suggestions for what you’d like to be in the update on the 13th, let me know in the comments and I will try my very hardest to include them in one way or another. Thanks for reading and I’m really really excited to see how you guys like this chapter!

When the taxi rolled along the empty road, barely more than a concrete track, everything seemed so utterly flawless. It was nothing like Taylor had imagined. Not like Hollywood, with the manmade landscape and planted palm trees, or like Nashville with endless rolling hills of golden barley, or London with the Bohemian culture and distinct heritage. This was Tahiti, in all its glory; and it was freaking perfect.

            The two girls stepped out of the cab, clutching their hand luggage and staring in bewilderment at their luscious surroundings. The driver helped them unload the rest of their baggage from the trunk of the car, turning to them and offering to help transport the luggage to the bungalow, which was situated over the lagoon after strolling down a small wooden walkway and through the tropical foliage.

“It’s fine, really.” Karlie insisted as she grabbed her hold luggage, “we’ll take it from here.” Taylor reached forward to take her larger bags too, smiling at the driver.

“Thank you so much!” She grinned, tipping the driver with a couple of bank notes before waving him off as he began to roll the car down the road and into the distance. And so they were alone, in the blazing heat.

            Each footstep clattered across the wooden walkway as the pair made their way to the private bungalow over the shoreline. The humidity was intense, the exotic plants dripping with vapour in the warmth as they made their way through the forested to the area before reaching the white sands of their secluded Tahitian beach. The wooden path led them to the steps of the bungalow, surrounded by palm trees and supported over the crystal blue waters by solid stilts, penetrating the sand. Taylor spied a palm tree by the balcony of the house, bent almost horizontally over the ocean, a huge net hammock attached to the branch and swaying in the wind – just waiting for a pair to curl up in one romantic evening, watching the sunset over the horizon. The convenient placement of the tree made it possible for them to simply step off of the balcony and into the netting easily, if the need to chill out in the open air ever arose.

            Inside of the stilted bungalow was a beautiful open-plan living space for two. Quaint, yet horribly luxurious. The kitchen was spacious, sharing a dining room that looked through to the living area – complete with a decorated Christmas tree. A little late, but what the heck. The master bedroom, however, was the centrepiece of the house. White rose petals were dusted romantically across the crisp duvet cover of the king-size bed, surrounded by scented candles and incense sticks, just waiting to be lit up by lovers soon to intertwine. French windows opened out from the master bedroom onto the balcony, a perfect place to view the sunset or, alternatively, leap into the glistening waves below and take a quick swim. There were no flaws to anything the girls had seen so far. It was so different from home and work. So relaxed. Peaceful. Intimate.

            “The water looks so good.”  Taylor grinned as she peered out, over the balcony. She had almost finished unpacking her bags, unlike Karlie who seemed to hang up her clothes and place her shoes neatly by the wardrobe in the space of a few minutes. The model took off her thin shirt and shorts, leaving her in plain old lingerie as her clothes dropped to the floor. She turned to the shorter girl, who couldn’t help but get a little excited as she stared at Karlie’s half-naked body.