Chapter Twenty-Five

The next few chapters will be complete fluff, but I hope y’all enjoy it anyway. Send me some requests on Tumblr and I’ll try and fit them in (p.s. I’ve had exams and I’m so sorry that I haven’t updated, but I’m back now!)

            As she lifted her head from the pillow, the girl with the green eyes could smell the doughy scent of freshly made waffles weave through to the bedroom from the kitchen. The lingering mist of gardenia from the night before was still there; she just wasn’t looking hard enough for it. Shafts of light seeped in through the window, from behind the curtains, which had been partially drawn back already. The model rolled over, reaching for Taylor who, of course, wasn’t lying by her side. A slight spark of panic worried Karlie for a moment, causing her to spring out from under the duvet cover, before realising that, if there are waffles cooking in the kitchen, that means that the older girl is also in the kitchen.

            She hurried down the hallway, moving closer to the smell, until she turned to see her sweetheart standing by the counter.

“Karlie!” She squealed, grinning and running over to wrap her arms around the taller girl. The feeling of Taylor’s warmth against her body felt kind of safe and secure.

“Morning, honey.” The taller girl whispered, kissing the singer’s forehead as she looked up, “so what do you propose we do today?” Karlie asked, backing up as she bit her lip suggestively. Taylor giggled, reaching out to hold the other girl’s hand. She looked down, blushing slightly.

“I don’t know, I figured that maybe we could just stay around the house. I had one idea – we don’t have to, but..” The girl with the blue eyes began, before being cut off by the model.

“Tell me. Doesn’t matter if it’s stupid, just tell me.” Karlie moved in, lowering her voice. Her scent was musky – very clean. Almost toxic, and Taylor was hooked. She stayed quiet before replying.

“You don’t know how to play guitar, do you?” She asked eventually, to which Karlie shook her head.

“Nope, why?” The model knew what was coming; she let her fingers creep their way around Taylor’s hip, pulling her in closer, until their lips were just inches away.

“I wanted.. to teach you.. how to play..” She breathed, as Karlie moved in and pressed their lips together in a slow kiss, sucking the tension out of the conversation and replacing it with rigid passion. They continued to kiss for just a few moments longer.

“..Sure.” She whispered, finally pulling away and leaving Taylor, stood with her eyes still closed, completely awestruck.

            The older girl thundered down the stairs, careful not the thump the guitar against the banister as she hurried back to Karlie, who was waiting in the kitchen with a steaming cup of coffee and a plate of crumbs. She was impressed with Taylor’s cooking. Well, waffle iron skills.

            “I have a spare guitar in the trunk of the car, so I’ll head out to the garage and just grab it, yeah?” She explained, not really giving Karlie a choice – not that she wanted one, she was happy to learn. The model nodded, just waiting for the girl with the blue eyes to giggle and blush before running out to the car.

            Taylor propped the door open with a bucket of paint, left over from when she decorated the house after first moving in. Overall, the garage was pretty cluttered with furniture that had never been taken to the junkyard after it wore down, or left over decorating materials, or just random stuff the blue-eyed girl didn’t know what to do with. Although, it wasn’t somewhere the singer tended to spend all her time, so it was the least of her worries. She unlocked the trunk, carefully taking the guitar out and leaning it against the side of the car door before slamming the back of the car closed harshly. Whoops. The whole car shook, the vibrations forcing the guitar to slide down the side of the door and towards the concrete lining the garage floor. But it was $3000, and Taylor wasn’t just going to let that happen. She dived across the trunk of the car, sliding along to grab the neck of the guitar before it crunched into a pile of firewood on the floor. Her feet flicked the paint pot, sending it flying towards the back of the garage. She watched the door fall closed, and let her other foot catch it, not allowing it to close on her. By this point, the older girl was balancing across the closed trunk of the car, holding a guitar in one hand, gripping the ridges between the windows with the other, and propping the door open with her foot. And she was stuck.

            “Karlie!!??” She shouted through to the kitchen, “I could use a hand, honey!”

            The model heard Taylor struggling, finishing her cup of coffee and placing it in the kitchen sink before going to see what the trouble was. She rushed along the corridor to the garage, kicking the door open, without realising the singer’s foot was holding it open. It grated up her shin, leaving Taylor to wince in pain as she retracted her foot, and the model to gasp in apology as she went to grab the guitar which slipped out of the older girl’s grasp. She opened her eyes, immediately realising that the door was beginning to fall closed.

“Karls, save the door!” She screamed, flailing until she lost her balance and slid off the back of the car and onto the floor.

“Tay!?” The model ejaculated, leaning the guitar against the car and leaning down to catch the falling blonde. And that’s when the door fell shut, and the lock clicked into place, and Karlie finally understood why her sweetheart was shouting. Crap.

            Gritty pieces of gravel crumbled under Taylor’s feet as she paced back and forth, unlike the taller girl, who sat on the closed trunk of the car.

“So, you’re sure we’re locked in?” She asked, hopeful that maybe the singer was mistaken. But she nodded her head.

“Positive.” The older girl went to pull at the door handle, which sprung off after the third yank. Even better. Karlie sighed.

“Great. Where are the keys?” She asked, picturing them in the wooden bowl by the front door, or in the shorter girl’s purse.

“Purse.” Taylor confirmed as she sat on an old armchair with some nasty looking stains, “so I guess we’ll have to call someone to come and fetch us.” The suggestion was a good one, if only the signal in the garage wasn’t so temperamental. The model nodded, agreeing that the notion was a pretty good one. She whipped out her phone, scrolling down the list of contacts.

            Lily? Way out in Australia. Cara? Didn’t have a key, and way out in London. Ed? Hm.

“Ed’s in Cali. San Fran, but Cali. Maybe he can make it down with his spare key?” Karlie suggested, her finger poised over the call button. Taylor thought about it for a second. What was there to lose? They were locked in a garage with two guitars, some gross furniture, no food and no way out – the situation couldn’t get much worse. She nodded.

“Sure, let’s give it a shot.”

            It had been half an hour. Ed had agreed to help them out – he’d be a few hours, but he’d be there eventually. For the first time in years, Taylor was actually exploring the shitloads of junk lining the walls of her garage. A working radio, a pack of tattered cards, some Christmas lights and some old bedding were possibly her favourite finds of the day. There was nothing that could get them out any sooner though. Karlie threw a baseball at the wall, sitting opposite, catching it in the glove.

“So, what do you want to do?” She asked the singer, who was blatantly sick of pawing through the dusty remains of furniture around the walls. She looked to the model and shrugged before moving to sit opposite her, catching the ball and rolling it back to Karlie.

“I don’t know.” The girl with blue eyes replied eventually, catching the ball that the model had rolled to her. She rolled it back. The taller girl looked around the room, eyeing the guitars. She caught the ball, keeping it this time.

“There are two guitars, and you said you wanted to teach me. It’s my enthusiasm that got us into this mess anyway; we might as well let it finish the job. What do you say?” She suggested. Taylor smiled, surprised that Karlie so struck on letting her teach her how to play. She giggled, looking down at her lap for a few moments before looking up at her sweetheart again, a huge grin on her face as she spoke.

“I guess I could teach you a few chords.”