Chapter Seven

The singer was awoken as Karlie’s hands crept along her waist in a hug from behind. She smiled, her eyes still closed, and turned her head to meet her lover in a kiss over the shoulder. Only a thin piece of material stopped the taller girl’s hands touching Taylor’s skin.

“Morning.” Taylor whispered, followed by a naughty giggle as she brushed Karlie’s hands away from in between her legs.

“I want to fuck you so hard.” The model replied, biting her lip. Taylor laughed and slid out of bed, wearing nothing but a plaid shirt and a pair of panties. She pulled a playful pose and looked at Karlie, who still lay sprawled under the covers with a seductive gleam in her eye.

“Then catch me!” The blue eyed girl winked, before immediately making a dash for the door. Karlie watched her go, completely bewildered by what just happened. She pushed the covers from her body and leapt off the bed, making a dash for the door. The model raced out onto the hallway, just in time to see Taylor bound down the stairs playfully.

            The girl in the plaid shirt scurried through the kitchen, twisting her head, frantically looking for a hiding place. She threw open the cupboard doors, looking for one which was empty. The unit next to the stove had a couple of pots and pans, but she could fit.

            Karlie ran down the stairs, silencing her footsteps on the final step so as not to give her position away. She smiled to herself as she listened for the slightest sound from the echoing corridors. A huge clang rang out from the kitchen as a pot dropped from a cabinet.

            The singer widened her eyes in panic as she watched the pot hit the floor, whilst Karlie beamed from a few rooms away. She raced into the kitchen to see Taylor crouching by the open cabinet. The model stared at her angel for a split second, before the crouching girl leapt out of the kitchen and sprinted down the hallway towards the back of the house, giggling hysterically as she ran.

            Minutes passed quickly, until Karlie couldn’t hear a thing, no matter how hard she listened. She was impressed by the fact that Taylor had managed to hide so well, considering she came across as slightly clumsy and awkward – the kind of person who would accidentally run into something and send it crashing down.

            As the model wondered the hallways of the ground floor, she noticed a room with the door cracked. Curiously, she pushed open the door, revealing a small room with a beautiful view of the beach and a grand piano; otherwise, the room was bare. Scattered across the top of the piano were pieces of sheet music, pens and paper with lyric after lyric scribbled down late at night. Dated and signed. Unfinished works of art. The deepest and most personal thoughts of Taylor Swift. Karlie smiled warmly, intrigued by the pieces of writing. She felt it rude to read through what could be considered as Taylor’s personal diary, but, God, was she tempted. The model pushed sheets of lined paper to the side, revealing art of a different kind. Sketches. Sketches of eyes, in particularly. She sat down on the piano stool, flicking through the different attempts the girl with the red lips had made, until she reached a finished watercolour.

            Karlie felt herself welling up when she realised that the small painting and rough sketches were all of Taylor’s attempts to recreate Karlie’s green eyes. The turquoise ring around the iris, the glowing lime streaks and emerald burns bursting from the pupil were all captured beautifully.

            She suddenly spotted the girl in the plaid shirt jogging along the beach, climbing up the rock encroaching into the water. Karlie would’ve been worried if the sea was choppy, but it was perfectly still, albeit slightly misty. She put the watercolour down and raced out of the back door, across the patio and down to the beach.

            It was freezing cold, but not windy. The model felt the icy air on her bare legs and arms as she ran across the beach to Taylor, who stood shivering on the rocks.

“Don’t you dare jump.” Karlie warned Taylor through a light chuckle as she slowed to a holt. The blue eyed girl smirked at the model standing on the beach.

“I can’t give up now!” She laughed, looking over the edge of the rock into the ice cold water. Karlie stepped forward as much as she could without getting wet.

“If you jump, I’m not going in after you.” The taller girl continued to shout over to the rocks. Taylor burst out laughing, knowing that what Karlie had said was a lie. She’d come in after her. She’d be too scared not to. The blue eyed girl stopped suddenly, in time for her last remark.

“So you expect me to just walk back over to the beach and lose the game? Yeah, right.”

            And so the shorter girl leapt from the rock, screaming, and crashed into the freezing cold water below. Karlie’s jaw dropped in disbelief. She didn’t think for a second that Taylor would actually jump.

“You psychotic bitch!” She choked out, laughing. Taylor was right; the model wouldn’t just leave her to drown and freeze in the icy ocean, which was proven to be correct as Karlie began wading into the sea. The waves smashed against her thighs as Karlie let out a scream. It was really fucking cold. The water reached her waist, and then her chest, but it just kept rising until it was at Karlie’s neck. She swam over the Taylor, choking on the cold, and held her.

“You’re really really fucking dumb, Tay.” Karlie stuttered as the icy water began to take its toll on them both. Taylor kissed Karlie suddenly, running her fingers through the model’s soaking wet hair. And during the kiss, Karlie forgot where she was, how cold she was, and every other problem the two of them faced. The kiss warmed them through, just for a second, before Karlie carried Taylor back to shore.

            The water sloshed at their ankles as they walked out of the waves, hand in hand, grinning. Karlie wasn’t even mad. It was a dumb idea, but she wasn’t mad.

“You just wanted to get me soaking wet, didn’t you?” Karlie giggled, still dripping with water as the two girls sat in the kitchen.

“It’s not hard for me to get you wet.” Taylor smiled, biting her lip seductively. Karlie looked at her blankly for a second, before the light bulb lit up and she understood the euphemism. She smirked and grabbed the back of the other girl’s neck, pulling her in for another kiss. The shorter girl took the lead and planted kisses on Karlie’s jawline, letting one hand rest on the model’s hip whilst the other grazed her breast. The seduced girl rested her head on Taylor’s shoulder.

“And to think I was starting to dry off…” She whispered. Taylor laughed under her breath at Karlie’s dirty joke and squeezed her hands tightly. Just as Karlie started to settle into the shorter girl’s shoulder, Taylor gasped and leant back.

“Let’s go Christmas shopping together!” She beamed. Karlie looked at her confused.

“When..?” She asked.

“Today!” Taylor continued to grin energetically.

“Where..?” Karlie asked a second question. Taylor paused, taking her time to think. The model stared at her, waiting for a response. Taylor gasped quietly, indicating that she knew exactly the place to go.

“New York City.”