Chapter Thirty-Three

I'M BACK. I finished my exams a few weeks ago but I had some other important stuff to sort out such as work and prom but I'm going to start writing lot more regularly again now. I hope you enjoy this chapter and the many to come in the near future! :D

Cara lifted her friend's cat carrier out of the car and handed it to Karlie, who stood on the sidewalk outside Taylor's New York apartment as she called the intercom for entry. That was the last of their bags that needed to be taken inside as a few ovular drops of rain spattered against the paving stones.

"It was a lot better weather at Disneyland last week." The girl with the cat carrier commented as she looked up at the evening sky, shrouded by dark grey mists letting the droplets of water pour down onto the city. Cara shrugged.

"It probably still is in LA – whereas there's actually these things called 'seasons' on the East Coast." She joked. That good old British sense of humour never failed to make Karlie chuckle. The girl at the intercom finally turned to look at the two models on the sidewalk, grinning. She tiptoed down the steps and took two bags off of the floor before briskly standing up straight and looking from Cara to Karlie and then back again. She smirked.

"You kids better step on it if you want to stay dry." And with that, she turned and trotted up the stairs and into the foyer.

Taylor held her keycard against the lock and waited for the click and the flash of the light. Only a second later did she push open her door and welcome the other girls into the apartment.

"Just dump the bags in the utility room; I'll open a bottle of wine for you guys in a sec." She smiled, kicking off her heels and rushing into the kitchen to take the wine out of the cupboard and crack it open, leaving it to warm as she grabbed three glasses and placed them on the counter. Taylor took the bottle, pouring out just enough red wine to make the night enjoyable, but not enough to get tipsy. Almost on cue, the two models sauntered in to meet their friend after dumping the bags in the utility room. Karlie took a glass from the countertop and then leant against it to take a sip.

"Glad to finally be back in New York." She smiled at Taylor who sat on the counter opposite and Cara who leant against the oven.

"Yeah, it's been too long." The girl with the blue eyes added to her fiancé's point, "but I'll miss Cali." She pouted, looking to Karlie in hope that she would sympathise with her. The American model smirked.

"I'll miss the memories." She agreed. The Brit smiled slightly.

"You won't miss it in the summer, trust me. How was Disneyland?" She asked, changing the topic of conversation. The two girls looked at each other.

"It was great. I mean, it was kind of hot, but nothing we couldn't handle." The girl with the green eyes explained as Taylor nodded. She turned to properly look at the girl sitting on the counter and waited for her to make her point.

"Yeah, I mean, I kind of love doing all that outdoorsy sort of stuff. We do so much in the city, so it's great when we get out a bit. Right, babe?" The girl with the blue eyes asked Karlie. The model nodded in agreement, taking a sip of wine.

"I suppose in the UK you can just drive out of the city and the countryside is just there, like BAM." The American model commented, looking to Cara. The Brit put her wineglass on the countertop and pondered over what the other girl had just said, unsure of whether to agree. She sighed.

"Um, yeah... I guess when you put it like that then it's true, but you can't just go off on a whim like you'd think, the weather is just way too unpredictable. Like camping? No. Nuh-uh." She explained, spouting the ugly truth.