a collection of moments

A/N: OK so I got like a few ideas of things I wanted to be included in this story but didn't know where to put partly bc the MCU timeline confuses the shit out of me. So here are some fun scenes between Dani and the Avengers and also some other people.

***

Dani Visits the Barton's

Pulling up into Clint's driveway, Dani smiled at the gorgeous scenery. "Nice place you got yourself, Barton."

The man just smiled with a twinkle in his eye as he parked the car in front of the farmhouse. "Here we are kid, home sweet home."

They got out of the car and we're immediately greeted by Clint's wife holding a toddler who Dani assumed to be their youngest son Nathaniel. "Hi, you must be Dani. It's so great to meet you."

The teenage girl smiled. "Likewise. Thank you for having me for the week Mrs Barton."

"Oh it's no trouble at all. Follow me, we'll do a quick tour and then you can settle down in your room."

"That'd be great, thank you ma'am."

*time skip brought to you by i should be asleep rn but instead I'm writing this*

It was Dani's second day staying with the Barton's and she was missing her phone. When the idea was first proposed of her taking a break from everything in New York and all her newfound responsibilities, it was Pepper's suggestion that she leave her phone at home in order to properly unwind. The teenaged girl was against it at first, and hated not having something to do but she had to admit the peace and quiet was nice.

The Barton family had been nothing but welcoming to her and Dani realized that apart from when she saw in movies, she really had no clue how 'normal' families actually worked. They sat down to dinner together everyday and talked about their day, they had a home cooked breakfast lunch and dinner every day and the kids were just normal kids. None of them had to worry about saving the world or getting found out for a secret that couldn't get out. They were just a regular suburban family living on a farmhouse in Missouri.

On this day, Clint had decided to teach Dani archery. "Come on kid, you can beat someone up in five seconds flat but that's no use if you're twenty feet away. You just gotta focus, keep your eye on the target."

She released the arrow and it landed in the ground.

Clint laughed. "It's your first try kid, don't worry."

She turned and looked at him judgementally. "How did you get so good with a bow and arrow?"

He tapped the side of his nose. "Practice."

Dani scoffed. "That's bullshit and we both know it, Barton. Years of practice couldn't get as precise an aim as you have."

He shrugged. "Alright, so I'm a natural. But you can get there with some practice."

And so she practiced. Day and night she was out there shooting arrows, never once hitting the bullseye.

Soon enough, she was nearing the end of her vacation with the Barton family. "I've practiced and practiced, Clint and I haven't gotten any better."

He sighed and pat her on the back. "Sorry, kid. I know you tried."

Dani just shrugged and put down the bow and arrow. "Well, I can't be good at everything. Guess I'll just have to stick to my webs and kicks."

***

Nat Teaches Dani How To Use A Gun

Bang. Bang. Bang.