34

A/N: Y'ALL WE HAVE FINALLY REACHED INFINITY WAR!!
i am now realising how much of a mess i made for myself by putting all the Avengers back together and changing like everything after Civil War, but you know what we're just gonna roll with it and if there are plot holes then oh well
Anyway yeah here we are I hope you enjoy itttttt <3
edit: ayo so it's august 4th and i am finally rewatching infinity war to keep going with this story (ps i hate thanos he sucks)

Since Dani had become an avenger about a year ago, a lot of things had changed. Shortly after their reunion, the Avengers went their separate ways yet again. Neither Thor nor Bruce had returned from being off-world, Clint had decided to go back into retirement to spend time with his family, Bucky went to Wakanda to try and recover from his years with HYDRA and remove their influence from him, and Steve and Sam were doing some additional hero work. Wanda and Vision had gone off the grid together, Fury had gone with Hill to finish tying up loose ends, Nat was facing her own past, and Tony decided to stay in New York with his family indefinitely. They all still kept in touch, and met up with one another occasionally. But, as they had after Ultron, the Avengers were temporarily disbanded until a new worldwide threat appeared. Until now.

***

"Dani, Dani, look out the window-"

"Ned I swear to God if it is just another Star Wars billboard I have seen enough of them-"

"No, Dani, look!"

Sighing, she turned to look out the window and saw - honestly she wasn't even sure. There was something that looked quite frankly like live action squidward and she saw a flash of red and gold. "Wait is that-?" The hairs on her arm stood up.

She turned to her best friend. "Ned, I need you to cause a distraction, I'm gonna go help Tony."

He nodded and screamed to the bus, "We're all gonna die!"

Everyone attached themselves to the windows, giving her a chance to escape the bus and quickly run into a nearby alley to activate her suit.

She swung around the city to where Tony was about to be crushed by a hammer and saved him.

"Kid, where'd you come from?"

"Was on a field trip, thought I might swing by." She shot a web at something and threw it across the road. "So what's going on?"

"He's from space. He came here to steal a necklace from a wizard."

In between fighting, Dani asked the question on everyone's mind. "What kind of Harry Potter world are we living in? I mean that guy looks like the lovechild of squidward and Voldemort."

"I stopped questioning it a long time ago kid." Dr Strange's unconscious body started floating through the park. "Kid, that's the wizard. Get on it."

"On it!" She started swinging through the city, following the floating body and the squidward looking dude. Just as the floating man seemed about to fall, she caught him with a web and watched a blue beam started to come down from a spaceship and try to take the wizard up with it. She held on to a lamp post as tight as she could, but Ebony Maw uprooted the lamp post and Dani started to get beamed up with him. "Uh, Tony, I'm getting beamed up. Jesus what is this, Star Wars?"

"Hang on kid."

She attached her web to the space ship, and was able to stay attached as the weird space donut ascended into the atmosphere. She climbed the space ship, but heard Tony's voice in her comms.

"Kid you gotta let go, I'm gonna catch you."

Dani, a bit out of breath, replied irritated. "But you said save the wizard dude, I'm saving the wizard." Her breath started shortening.