8

The day after the really awkward embarrassing moment with Nat, I locked myself in Tony's lab, working on something Tony had asked me to look at a couple of days ago. I was so engrossed with my work, I didn't hear anyone come into the lab.

The Avengers saw Dani come up to the Penthouse and run straight down to the lab. They ignored it for the most part, until Stark came up with their coffees. "Is Danielle here yet?"

"She went straight down to your lab." Clint shrugged.

"Alright. Thanks guys, I'll bring her up in 10. We need to go over our strategy for a business meeting I'm forcing her to attend."

He ran down to the lab and when he didn't come back in 20 minutes, the Avengers heard an explosion from downstairs and ran to see what was happening.

All they saw was Dani screaming at Tony, covered in dust, while Tony just laughed. "You idiot! I told you not to increase the power source that high! God, I thought you were meant to be a genius Stark."

"Hey, don't blame me."

"I'm blaming you. It took me hours to get it to that stage, it's gonna take the whole weekend for me to get it back to where it was. If I even can."

"Why don't you stay over?"

"What?"

"You said it yourself, you need to finish this and now you've got to start from scratch. So why don't you stay in one of the guest rooms so you can work on this all weekend?"

"That's... Actually not a bad idea. Let me just call Aunt May."

It was then when I turned around noticed the Avengers staring at me. "Oh, hey."

I took out my phone and said, "Mia, call Aunt May."

"Calling Aunt May."

"Hey, May. Can I stay over at SI tonight? I have a huge project I need to finish, and Mr Stark kinda blew it up."

"What about your pyjamas and clothes for tomorrow?"

"Uh, I'll come over and get them. Yeah, I'll have one of Mr Stark's cars take me."

"Alright then, I'm on the late shift, so I won't be there."

"Alright. Bye Aunt May."

I turned back to Mr Stark. "She says it's fine. I'm gonna swi- head over there."

He nodded. "Alright kid. See you in 10."

I got out of the building, changed into my suit and swung through my window. I grabbed my stuff and shoved it in my backpack, before turning out the lights and heading back to the tower.

"Hey, Dani, you're out early tonight." I heard Ned's name through my comms. I had set it so he was alerted whenever I got in my suit.

"I'm not on patrol, just swinging over to the apartment. Get this, I'm staying over at SI tonight."

"No way, really?"

"I know right, it's pretty cool. It's only because Tony blew up something I was working on so now I have to start from scratch. I've been trying out different formulas for my Web shooters, and substitute different ingre-"

I spotted a girl being cornered in an alley across the street and swung over there, narrowing my eyes. "Actually, maybe I will go on patrol now. Mia, call Tony."

"Calling Tony Stark."

"Hey kid, you're on speaker with all of the Avengers."

"OK. I just want you to know I'm gonna be back in maybe an hour, there's a bit of traffic by my apartment."