19

The car pulled up outside Liz's house and I said goodbye to Happy. "Good luck with moving, Happy."

"Stay out of trouble, kid."

"No promises!" I shouted as I shut the door. I breathed in before walking up to the porch. I rang the doorbell, looking around nervously.

"Ah, you must be Dani." I looked at Liz's dad and my face froze.

It was Walmart Falcon, who I had now started calling Vulture. I snapped out of my shock. I quickly turned around but Happy was long gone.

"Uh, yes I am."

"I'm Liz's dad. Put her there."

I shook his hand and smiled awkwardly. "Hell of a grip. Come on in here."

I followed him inside and he closed the door shut.

"Hi, Dani, aren't you just a sight for sore eyes." I turned my attention to Liz's Mom.

"Thank you, Mrs Toomes."

"Call me Doris, sweetie." She smiled at me before turning to her husband. "You got her name right?"

"Alex?" He faked confusion.

"Dani."

"Dani, Dani." He looked at me and winked. I gave him a small smile and looked at my feet.

Doris chuckled and shook her head. "I'm gonna go get Liz."

I was alone with the Vulture, and to top it all off, he was polishing knives. "You all right, Dani?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Really? Because you look pale. You want something to drink? Wine, vodka?"

"I'm not old enough to drink."

"That's the right answer. Oh wow." I turned around to see Liz coming down the stairs. "Wow, wow, wow. You look beautiful."

"Please don't embarrass me Dad."

"Doesn't she look beautiful, Dani? I imagine Dani's dad had the exact same reaction when he saw her, right Dani?" I bit my lip.

"You look amazing, Liz." I smiled at her and she returned it.

"Once again, that's the right answer."

"You look great, Dani. I love your dress! And your heels are gorgeous."

"Uh, thanks."

"Well, uh hey, I'm your chauffeur, so let's get this show on the road."

"No, no, no, no, we have to take some pictures. All right, over here. Perfect."

"Mom."

"OK, come on you guys, Dani, get closer to Liz. Smile, there you go." I smiled toward the camera, but my eyes kept drifting over to the criminal in the room.

"Sir, you don't have to drive us."

"No, no, it's not a big deal. I'm going out of town. It's right on my way."

"He's always coming and going."

"Last time. Promise." Liz hugged her Mom and Doris leaned close to her daughter, "She's cute."

"Shh."

"See you in a couple of days." They said their goodbyes and I stodd there awkwardly, smiling.

"Come on, Dahlia." Toomes joked.

"Bye, Dani. Have fun."

"Thanks, Doris. It was good to see you again." I hugged Liz's mom and walked outside to the car.

Liz was checking herself out in her phone camera and I got out my phone to text Tony.

"What are you gonna do, Dani?"

"What?"

"When you graduate, what are you going to do?"

"Oh, uh I'm not 100% sure yet."

"Don't grill her, dad."

"Just saying you know. All you guys who go to that school, you pretty much have your life planned out, right?"

"Yeah, well I'm just a Sophomore."

"Dani has an internship with Tony Stark. So I think she doesn't have to worry."

"Really?"

"Mm Hm." Liz answered without looking up from her phone.

"Stark?"

"So cool."

"What do you do?"

"Well, I mainly just work with the other interns and help create the new tech, it's not that important."

"Please, don't be so modest. She has Tony Stark's personal number, and she knows Spiderwoman." Liz finally looked up and turned to me.

"Really? Spiderwoman? What's she like?"

"Yeah, she's nice. She's really down to earth and funny. We've only met a few times."

"I've seen you around right? The voice, it just sounds familiar..."

"She does Academic Decathlon with me. And she came to my party."

"It was a fun party, lovely house."

"Please, you were there for 2 seconds!"

"I was there for more than 2 seconds. Flash, was, you know, being Flash, so I left."

"You disappeared. Like you disappeared in DC."

"What do you mean?"

"We all went to the pool and you weren't there. I asked Michelle and she said she hadn't seen you. We thought you were kidnapped or something."

"Oh, nope."

"That's terrible, what happened in DC though. Were you scared? I bet you were glad when your good friend Spiderwoman showed up though."

"Uh, I didn't actually go up. I saw it on the news."

"Dani was the one who called Spiderwoman."

"Really?"

"Uh, she was in DC visiting someone, and when I heard, I just called her because I didn't know what else to do."

"Good old Spiderwoman." He smiled and I saw him look at me in the rear view mirror and I gulped. He knows.

"Dad, the light!"

I quickly turned my phone on and sent a message to Mr Stark.

CODE RED

CODE RED

MY FRIENDS DAD IS WALMART FALCON

I NEED HELP

NAME: ADRIAN TOOMES

ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE STARK!!

"Here we are. End of the line."

"Thanks dad. Have a safe flight." She kissed him on the cheek.

"You head in there gum drop, I'm gonna give Dani the dad talk."

"You don't have to do that, Mr Toomes. I'll look after Liz, don't worry. Bye."

I took an emergency tracker off of my bracelet and placed it on the floor. I scrambled to get out of the car.

I just hoped to God that Tony had seen my messages. I met up with Liz and we walked inside. I saw Ned talking to Michelle, who, when she saw me, waved for a nanosecond before turning into giving me the finger.

"Liz, I-I, have to go. I'm sorry, you don't deserve this, don't worry about me. I'll be fine, I just have something to do. I'm so sorry. Thanks for the ride!"

(A/N thank you everyone for your lovely comments! I've started writing a sequel to this book, but would you rather I just continued this one and put it in a different part? I've seen some books where they separate it into parts for each film and also some where they just write a sequel. What would you prefer?)