30

Exuding confidence, I strolled into the meeting room slightly behind Tony the next morning. After what was going to happen finally sank in last night I had a mini panic attack. But, thankfully, Tony and Pepper calmed me down and now I'm fine and ready to face the meeting.

I sat down with Tony as the rest of the board members filed in and I saw my least favorite face.

"Hey, Intern, I'll take a flat white no foam, stat." He didn't even look up from his phone as he spoke to me.

I looked to Tony and he smirked. "Actually Mr Sutton, Miss Parker isn't here to get coffee today, however that is a point for later on in the meeting."

A couple of minutes later, the rest of the board filed in and took their seats. The head then called the meeting to order.

"Mr Stark, where is Miss Potts?"

"Miss Potts was taken ill this morning, she gives her deepest apologies that she is unable to be here."

"And who are you?"

"Danielle Parker, we met at the last meeting Sir."

"I see. First order of business, profit. The gross national profit of Stark Industries is currently..."

Yeah I won't bore you with the details of a business meeting.

They droned for hours and I took notes, Tony played Candy Crush on his phone.

"Now onto an order of business I'm sure we can pass over very quickly, Mr Stark I assume that you and Miss Potts have not been successful in finding the company an heir since our last meeting?"

Tony wasn't paying attention so I elbowed him.

"Huh?"

"The members of the board are assuming you haven't found an heir yet. Do you have anything to add to that Mr Stark?"

"Yes I do. Fortunately, Head of the Board, the members stand corrected."

"You've chosen then?"

"Yes sir."

"Well, who is it? One of the recommendations we brought you?"

"Actually, no. Both Pepper and I have agreed on the only candidate we believe to be fit for the job."

"Oh? And who might that be?"

"My personal intern, Danielle Parker."

There were outbursts as soon as Tony finished. I sat and smiled at everyone.

"Quiet! Quiet, everyone!" The room fell into a silence as the Head turned to Tony.

"Why, exactly, Mr Stark?"

Tony gave me a brief look before standing up to make a point. "Danielle Parker has been my personal intern for a few months and while she does the regular intern things like getting coffee, she is also a total genius. She's come up with so many ideas to improve the company already and don't even get me started on some of her inventions. Not only does she have great ideas, she has the intelligence to carry them out. She managed to build her own AI at the age of 13, using nothing but spare parts. She's also the perfect age and both Pepper and I trust her with anything."

He sat down and the outbursts started again.

"Silence, everyone! The board recognises Mr Sutton, please state your case."

Mr Judgy Board Member™️ stood up and glared at me.

"Mr Stark, with all due respect to you and Miss Potts, I really don't see how you could choose an intern from the poorer parts of New York as your successor to a multi-billion dollar company. Now, when you wanted to make your personal assistant CEO of Stark Industries we didn't put up much of a fight. Because even without you in charge you were still the owner of the company and still had a hand in all the design and engineering aspects of the company. However, this intern will not only be in charge of the company, she would also own it and be able to make all decisions about mergers and what the company does. All without the guidance of yourself, an experienced man in this profession."