15

The next day, I was in shop class and was hammering the glowy thing to try and break it apart.

"Hey thanks for bailing on me."

"Well, something came up."

He noticed the purple orb. "Oh, what is that?"

"Some guy tried to vaporize me with it."

"Seriously?"

"Yup."

"Awesome." I raised an eyebrow at him. "I mean, not awesome. Totally uncool of that guy. So scary."

"Good save. Look, I think it's a power source."

We then had a very sciency discussion that the author can't be bothered to write out, and agreed to come back after school.

~Time skip brought to you by Chris Hemsworth 's narcissism in interviews~

"First, I say we put the glowy thingy in the mass spectrometer."

"No. First we gotta come up with a better name then glowy thingy. I would ask Mia, but she's offline for a while because I got dropped in a lake."

"What?"

"Well talk about it la- ah shit." I saw the driver from last night walk in with another guy, so I grabbed Ned and ran around the corner.

I peered round the corner and and heard them having some conversation about how they don't like high schools. You're not the only one dude.

"That's one of the guys who tried to kill me."

"What?"

"Yeah."

"We gotta get out of here."

"No, no, no. I'm gonna follow them, maybe they can lead me to the guy who dropped me in the lake."

"What was it like?"

"It was not good. Stay here, Ned."

I snuck behind them, and hid underneath a table. Apparently they detected the energy from the purple orb. As they left, I shot a tracker at one of them and it crawled up his leg.

~Time skip brought to you by Scar Jo's new role as a tree~

We were sat in my room as Ned tracked the guy and I tried to get Mia online.

"This is awesome."

"Yup." We tracked them for hours as they drove out of New York. Eventually, I got Mia back online in my suit.

I put the suit on and talked. "Mia?"

"Reprogramming knowledge. May take up to 48 hours."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Now we're never going to find out what it is in time."

"They stopped." I turned to Ned and looked at the hologram.

"What's in Maryland? An evil lair?"

"They have an evil lair?"

"Well, it's a gang selling alien weapons run by a guy with wings. I'm pretty sure they'll have an evil lair somewhere."

"But how are you gonna get there if its 300 miles away?"

"Well, we do have somewhere to be this weekend."

My head turned to the Academic Decathlon poster on my wall and smirked. "It's not too far from DC."

~Time skip brought to you by Black Widow's badassness~

I ran up to the bus where everyone was stood in their yellow jackets. "Sorry, I'm late guys."

"Can we go already? I wanna get in some light protesting in front of an embassy before dinner."

"Protesting is... Patriotic."

We were on the bus and Liz was quizzing us. "Focus up everyone, our next topic is moons of Saturn."

We were quizzed on so many topics, I lost track. I had just answered a question when my phone rang. It was Happy.

"Sorry, can I go take this?"

Liz nodded and I moved to the back of the bus. "Hey Happy, what's up?"

"I got a blip on my screen. You left New York?"

"Yes I did. What, am I on State Arrest and didn't know it?"

"Why did you leave New York?"

"School trip. I told Mr Stark, didn't he tell you?"

"No."

"Well, he was probably drunk anyway. Look, it's no big deal."

"I'll say if it's no big deal. It sounds like nothing, but remember I'm watching you."

"That's not creepy at all."

~Time skip brought to you by the frog in Tom Holland's mouth ~

I was sat with Ned in the hotel room I was sharing with Michelle, who was protesting in front of an embassy.

I had finally managed to get Mia up and running, so I was going to follow the tracker I placed on the dude.

"Do you think we should remove the tracker on my suit?"

"I don't think so. It could be illegal."

"True. I mean, the worst that could happen is I get a really long lecture from Iron Man and most likely lose my job."

"Maybe you should remove the tracker."

"No, that would just waste time, I have to go now or they could get away. You need to go as well, because it will look weird if you're in my room. Wanna be my guy in the chair?"

"Yes!"

"Get back to your room then dude, also, the purple orb is evidence. Keep it safe." He nodded and left.

I walked out of the room and skillfully managed to avoid the team, who were going to the pool. I swung away and connected my coms with Ned.

"You there, dude?"

"Guy in the chair is up and running, Spiderwoman."

"Great. Tracker activated. Mia, give me directions on the tracker."

"Tracker located. Plotting course to intercept target."

~Time skip brought to you by Zendaya's ability to be a down to earth child star~

"100m from destination and closing. Jump now." I jumped and landed near an abandoned gas station.

"Ned, everything good?"

"All is fine so far."

"Mia?"

"Target in view."

I smirked. "Let's go."