21

Ned and I were walking through the hall and he was still gushing about Homecoming.

"It looked so insane. That whole... Like, it was just crazy. He, he was just like, “Zzzz,” and you were like, “Ah!” It was awesome."

"Shh."

"And then I just hit him with the 'pew'. It was so, oh my god."

"You saved me. It was awesome." I smiled at my best friend and patted his back.

Then I saw Liz and her Mom getting stuff from Liz's locker and I ran over to her.

She was saying goodbye to Betty and I waited until they had finished before I spoke to her. "Liz!"

She turned around and avoided my gaze. "Liz, I'm sorry."

"For what? For leaving me at the dance? That was a pretty crappy thing to do."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just, something came up and I was nervous. I can't imagine what you're going through right now."

"I guess we're moving to Oregon. Mom says it's nice there, so that's cool. Anyways, Dad doesn't want us here for the trial so..."

"Liz, I-"

"Just tell me something. Did you know? When you came to my house, did you know?" She looked at me desperately.

I nodded solemnly. "I'm sorry. If there's anything I can do..."

"Whatever's going on with you Dani, I hope you figure it out."

"Maybe we'll see each other sometime in the future." I embraced her and smiled. "You can do this. You're strong, I hope everything works out."

She walked away to go see her Mom and I watched her go.

~Time brought to you by the fact that after Vulture was captured, he just accepted it and when Happy came he was like, 'Yeah he caught me, he's a good kid.' This probably makes no sense but whatever. Just watch the part in Homecoming where Happy finds Vulture webbed to the crate~

Our whole academic decathlon team, bar Liz, was sat in the Library as Mr Harrington held up our trophy. "Congratulations, Decathlon National Champions!"

"Yeah!" We all cheered, looking around and smiling at each other.

"I'm gonna have to put this back in the trophy case, but just for motivation right now at this practice. I'm a little ahead of the game, but we will need a new team captain for next year, so I'm appointing Michelle."

We all turned to Michelle and clapped. "Yeah!"

"Uh, Thank you. My friends call me MJ."

"I thought you didn't have any friends." Ned said, tactlessly.

"I didn't." She smiled and we all laughed. My phone buzzed.

Go to the Janitor's closet.

"Uh, I gotta go."

"Where are you going? What are you hiding Dani?"

"Uh..."

"Just kidding, I don't care. Bye. Alright, we should run some drills."

I walked off, going to the Janitor's closet, where Happy Hogan was standing.

"Hey, Happy, what are you doing here?"

"I really owe you one. I don't know what I would do without this job. I mean, before I met Tony- "

He was interrupted by the Janitor coming in and grabbing a mop. "What are you doing here?"

"Cult meeting, Janitor Hartley."

"OK. You have fun, now."

He walked out and I turned back to Happy. "So, how long have you been here?"

"Long enough to be awkward. Boss wants to see you."

"He does know I stayed at his house last night, right?"

"Probably. Come on, let's go."

"So, to clarify, you're taking me to the place I left 3 hours ago and would be going back to in 3 hours anyway?"

"Yup."

~Time skip brought to you by the fact that I'm now realising there are too many plot holes in this story~

Tony walked up to me and Happy. "Oh there they are. How was the ride up?"

"You couldn't have done this before I left this morning?"

"Nope. Give me a minute with the kid."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I gotta talk to the kid."

"I'll be close behind."

"How about a loose follow? Boundaries are good."

"You took me out of school for this oh so playful banter?"

He ignored me. "Look, kid, I was wrong about you. I don't say this a lot. You're right, you are capable of doing a lot. And, with a lot of mentoring, you could be a great asset to the team."

"The team?"

"Yeah, anyway, there's about 50 reporters behind that door. Real ones, not bloggers." He pointed to a large door behind him.

He pressed a button his watch and a secret compartment opened with a metal version of my suit in.

"When you're ready, why don't you try that on? And I'll introduce the world to the newest member of the Avengers: Spiderwoman."

"Really? Wow, you must be desperate if you're recruiting a 15 year old."

"Don't make me change my mind, kid. Give that a look."

"I..."

"So, after the press conference, Happy will show you to your room, your new quarters." He turned to Happy. "Where's she between? Next to Vision?"

"Yeah, he's not big on doors."

"You'll fit right in."

"Isnt Nick Fury in charge of this stuff?"

"Nah. What do you say kid?"

"Tell you what, I'll be an Avenger, but it's on my terms."

"What terms?" He moved his sunglasses down his nose.

"First off, I'm not moving to the tower. I might have to stay over occasionally, because I'm sure as hell gonna keep my job. Second, I'm still gonna be a Friendly Neighborhood Spiderwoman. How about more of a temporary Avenger? I'll stay over occasionally, and I'll be right there on missions. But I'm still going to be me, and I'm still going to graduate high school. "

"You sure, kid? Because I'm pretty sure you could graduate high school now."

"Those are my terms."

"Alright. Alright, we can work with that. Now go get that suit on."

I walked off and put the suit on. I came out and smiled. "How do I look?"

Pepper was there now. "Oh good, Dani you're here. Come on, we've got a room full of hungry reporters who've been promised good news."

"How do I do one of these?"

"Just answer their questions."

"Alright. I don't have to reveal my identity, right?"

"No, of course not."