17

The next day at school everyone was going crazy over Spiderwoman, and even more over the fact that I knew her.

"How can you show your Spider spirit?"

I met up with Ned and smiled. "What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you? Should we tell everyone?"

"It's crazy and no."

"Should I tell everyone?"

"Definitely not. I get enough recognition from the fact that I know her."

"OK, come on, we'll be late to class."

"Coming."

"Did you study for the Spanish Quiz?"

"No. I didn't have time. What difference will it make though? I'm already fluent."

After school let out, I ran home and dashed into my bedroom. "Mia, can you run the footage from last Friday night?"

"Running footage from 5 o'clock."

"No, fast forward to the part where we're in the park. OK, yeah freeze. Can you run facial recognition?"

"Searching law enforcement Databases. No record found for 2 of the individuals."

"Nothing?"

"One individual identified. Aaron Davis, age 33. He has a criminal record and an address here in Queens."

"Let's pay him a visit."

"Would you like me to activate Enhanced Interrogation Protocol?"

"Yeah, why not."

~Time skip brought to you by my anger that interviews on YouTube cut Jacob Batalon out of thumbnails and titles just to have the clickbait title of Tom Holland and Zendaya~

"Remember me?" I webbed Aaron's hand to the trunk of his car.

"Uh, hey."

"I need info and you're gonna give it to me."

"Alright chill. What happened to your voice?"

"Mia, deactivate Enhanced Interrogation Protocol. Sorry, I was trying out something new."

I cleared my throat. "Sorry about that, dude. Anyway, who's selling those weapons? I need to know. Give me names, dude."

"You ain't ever done this before?"

"Nope. There's a first time for everything though. Look, man, these guys are selling weapons that are crazy dangerous. They can't be out on the street. I mean, if one of them can cut Delmar's Bodega in half..."

"You know Delmar's?"

"Yeah. Best sandwich in Queens." I said in a duh tone.

"Sub Haven's pretty good."

"Yeah, pretty good, but not Delmar's level. Too much bread."

"I like bread."

"Yeah, but the bread overpowers the meat. Plus, they put way too much sauce in. Anyway, dude, come on. Help a girl out."

"The other night, you told that dude, 'if you're gonna shoot somebody shoot me.' It was pretty ballsy. Even though you don't -"

I help up a hand. "Yeah, I get it dude."

"I don't want those weapons in this neighbourhood. I got a nephew who lives here."

"Help me take 'em down then. Who are these dudes? What can you tell me about the guy with the wings?"