31

A/N dramaaaaaa

The next day was a benefit Stark Industries had attended every year since before Tony was even born.

"I don't understand why I have to go!"

"Because you're the heir of the company? Or did you forget that already?"

"Yeah, but no one else knows about it."

"Not the point, kiddo."

"Alright, smart ass, I'll go."

"Good. And have a shower while you're at it, your hair looks greasy."

"Dude, seriously?"

"Yup."

"Tony, be nice to your successor."

"He'll be nice to me when we meet in hell."

"And Dani, be nice to your boss."

"I'll be nice to him when we meet in hell."

Pepper just shook her head and walked out, holding her arms up in exasperation.

"Alright, kid, I'll meet you down here in 5 hours alright? Also Wanda and Nat'll be here in 2 hours to help you."

"Why would I need 5 hours to get ready?"

"I don't know, I'm just saying what Pepper told me to, alright?"

"Old man can't even think for himself."

"Yeah yeah, whatever kid. I'm off, I'll be back in 4 hours."

"Where are you going?"

"None of your business."

"Is it work related?"

"No. I'm buying a gift for Pepper."

"Alright. See you in 4 hours then."

After Tony left, I ran myself a bath and put on some music to jam to.

After many hours of help from my favourite avengers, I was finally ready to go to the benefit.

I walked down the stairs to see Tony in a new Armani suit and Pepper wearing a gorgeous slip dress. "Ready to go?"

"Everything seems to be in order."

We got in the limo and drove for about 45 minutes to the venue of the benefit. When we arrived, there was a red carpet that Tony and Pepper stepped into first, me stepping out after them.

"Mr Stark, Miss Potts, who is this young lady with you?"

"Mr Stark, is she your illegitimate daughter?"

"Mr Stark, are you and Miss Potts planning on settling down?"

We walked briskly through to the main hall, after Tony had done some posing, and Tony dragged me off to go 'shmooze' with investors and fellow businesses.

A middle-aged white man walked over to us and I rolled my eyes when I recognized the face. I leaned into Tony and whispered in his ear, "Misogynistic idiot at 10 o'clock."

"Mr Stark, Miss Packer, didn't expect to see you here."

"It's Parker, Mr Sutton."

"My bad, Miss Parker. What are you doing here? Isn't it past your bed time?" He joked, with a tight lipped smile.

I gritted my teeth and gave him a tight smile. "Well, it's a Friday night, so no. Where's your wife?"

"I'm divorced."