22

Pepper and Tony walked in first and I waited outside for them. Pepper spoke first. "I'm sure you're all wondering what news was enough for us to call this emergency press conference. This kind of thing is more Mr Stark's jurisdiction, so I will allow him to tell you."

"Yes, thank you Miss Potts. We have summoned all of you here today to introduce you to the newest member of the Avengers. Now I'm sure you're all very curious, so I'm going to bring her out here to say a little more. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the newest member of the Avengers: Spiderwoman!"

I attached a web to the ceiling and swung in, landing next to Tony. He sat down next to Pepper and gestured for me to talk.

"Uh, hey. I'm Spiderwoman, and I guess I'm the newest member of the Avengers. I'm now going to be answering some questions, but I won't be able to answer anything about who I am under the mask. First question, man at the front with the trilby."

"Do your abilities come naturally or is it all technical?"

"Good question. My powers come naturally to me, although there are some technical aspects of my suit. Next, woman with the purple blazer, 2nd row?"

"How did you get your powers?"

"Uh, I got bit by a spider. Next, man in the, is that burgundy? Man in the burgundy waistcoat?"

"Where are you from?"

"New York, thought you could tell with my accent. Anymore questions? Yes, lady in the grey dress, to the right of the 4th row?"

"How did you meet the Avengers?"

"Well, I met Iron Man on patrol and he asked me to go on a mission with him, I said yes and here we are. Yes, man with the mohawk?"

"Are you going to move into the Avengers Facility with the rest of the Avengers?"

"Uh, yes I am. Woman with the very curly hair in the front row? Yes, you the one who's looking around." I lied.

"Do you have a boyfriend, Spiderwoman?"

"No, I do not. Uh, man at the back with the orange glasses?"

"Since you're an Avenger now, are you going to stop patrolling Queens and fighting crime there?"

"No. The premise of me being an Avenger is that I'll do everything else that comes with being an Avenger, including helping them save the world, but I will still be fighting lower-level crime. I'm still your friendly neighborhood Spiderwoman. Um, Clark Kent looking dude on the far right? Yes, you who's looking around."

"How old are you?" Tony and Pepper looked at me worriedly as I smirked.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you that it's rude to ask a woman her age?"

I looked over at Pepper and she stood up. "Thank you everyone, Spiderwoman is very busy so that's enough questions for today. Thank you for coming."

~Time skip brought to you by Loki and Thor's softness in Ragnarok~

After the press conference, I took the private elevator with Tony and Pepper up to the living quarters. "So, why'd you say you were going to live here?"

"Because if I said I wouldn't, that would lead to even more questions and people trying to figure out who I am which would make it a lot easier for them to discover my identity."

"Alright."

~Time skip brought to you by one of my favourite lines in the entire MCU, 'I have been falling... For 30 minutes!' ~

I was sat around the couch with the Avengers, all laughing and joking around. Nat held up a glass of champagne. "I'd like to propose a toast. To the newest member of the Avengers, to Spiderwoman!"

"To Spiderwoman!" Everyone echoed and took a sip of champagne, myself included.

"I am not having that again. That was disgusting."

They just laughed and Tony took my glass and drank both at the same time.

"Well, I think I speak on behalf of all of us when I say, welcome to the Avengers, Kiddo!"

At that moment, the elevator dinged. We all turned our heads to see the newcomer. A dark skinned man with an eye patch wearing all black walked it. Nick Fury.

"Fury! Come to join the celebrations?"

Tony smiled and I shook my head, sighing. I stood up and walked over to the gatecrasher. I held my hand out for him to shake. "Hi, I'm Dani Parker."

"Oh, I know l about you, Miss Parker. Or should I say Spiderwoman?"

"Dani's fine, Mr Fury."

"Fury's fine, Miss Parker."

"I'd rather not call you Fury, it implies I don't like you for some reason and I have no reason to not like you as of yet."

"Everybody calls me Fury."

"What does your mother call you?"

He didn't answer for a second and then smirked. "You remind me of someone I met a long time ago, Miss Parker."

"Interesting." There was a paise. "Would you like some champagne? Pizza? We've got plenty of both."

"No thank you. I only came to congratulate you on your initiation into the Avengers."

"Well, thank you."

"You're going to do great things, Miss Parker. I can feel it." I just raised an eyebrow as he continued. "At first, I was against Stark's decision to make a 15 year old an Avenger, but now I understand his choice. I look forward to working with you, Miss Parker."

With that, he turned around and walked out. I turned back to the other Avengers. "What the hell just happened?"

"Language."