25

3rd Person

With the conversation between Pepper and Tony still unknown to the sarcastic teenage girl, she came into work the next day, a Saturday, having gotten hardly any sleep from working on a history project all night.

She walked into work the next morning, and went straight up to the cafe. Instead of her usual iced latte, the tired girl decided instead to get a double shot of espresso for both herself and her boss, causing the barista who served her everyday to raise an eyebrow.

"You alright there, Dani?"

"Just tired, Kay."

"Kay?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"Uh, sorry. I was up all night working on a History project. And by working, I mean listening to the entire soundtrack of Hamilton to write my project on the American Revolution."

"Dang girl. You really need that double shot espresso."

"Tell me about it."

She handed me the 2 coffees and smiled. "Have a good day, Parker."

"And you, Jenson."

I smirked at her before leaving the coffee shop and going up in the private elevator to the Stark penthouse, where I was met with the sight of Tony making pancakes.

"OK, step away from the cooker, Stark."

I put his coffee down on the table and returned to drinking my own. "Woah, kid, since when do you drink coffee?"

"Since I pulled an all nighter working on this stupid history project that my stupid teacher wanted in by today. Like, who in their right mind assigns homework for a Saturday? Bitch is messed up."

"Well, your teacher hates you."

"No shit, Sherlock."

He raised an eyebrow and I took a sip of my coffee. "I get even more sarcastic than usual when I don't get enough sleep."

"Hm. Pancakes?"

I looked at the pancakes the billionaire had made and raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Runny pancakes? I think I'll pass."

"More for me then." He took a bite as I stared at him incredulously and he immediately spit it out.

"McDonald's it is."

"McDonalds?"

"You want food or not, Kid?"

"Seeing as it's 8am and all I've had is coffee for the past 12 hours, yes."

10 minutes later, Dani and Tony were in one of his cars, going through the McDonald's Drive Thru being driven by Happy Hogan - not a Happy Meal.

"Kid, what do you want?"

"I'll have the Sausage and egg mcmuffin with an espresso."

"Yeah you've had enough coffee for one day, get her an orange juice." He spoke to Happy who was ordering the food.

After we got given our food, Tony told Happy to just drive around in circles and put the divider up. I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm slightly worried, Stark. First, you actually leave your apartment for the first time in probably months, then you buy me breakfast, and tell Happy to drive around aimlessly. What gives?"

"Well, I realised I don't know a lot about you."

"You do. You know more about me than most people."

"Like what?"

I just crossed my arms and stared at him.

"Oh yeah, that. But I don't know when your birthday is or anything like that."