9

It was now 2 days after I had been shot. Tony made me stay in the med bay for the whole of the next day, even though he wanted me to stay for a week, I managed to whittle him down.

Today, Tony was forcing me to attend a meeting with him, Pepper, and the SI Board of Directors. But I had nothing to wear, so Pepper and Nat were going to take me shopping to get some business clothes.

As we were about to walk out, I saw Wanda sitting alone, looking bored. "Hey, guys can we invite Wanda?"

"Sure." Pepper said, doing something on her phone.

I walked over to the couch. "Hey, Wanda, wanna come shopping with me, Pepper and Nat?"

"You want me to come?"

"Sure. Come on, it'll be fun. And Pepper's paying."

She nodded. "OK."

"Come on then, we're leaving now."

We got to the mall and walked in, but I was immediately hungry. "Can we get food first?"

"I swear you're always hungry."

"I do have an enhanced metabolism."

"Good point."

We went to some salad restaurant because apparently Pepper's on a diet, but I don't see why she has to punish us for that.

After, we started to do the shopping. "Let's start with shoes. I'm thinking we get you some nice black pumps."

"Flats."

"Pumps."

"Flats."

"Pumps."

"Wedges."

"Pumps." Pepper gave me a look.

"Fine! But when I fall over in front of the Board of Diectors, it will be all your fault."

"You're not going to fall over, Danielle, because we are going to train you in the art of wearing heels." Nat smirked and Wanda laughed.

"Oh joy." I rolled my eyes.

We went into some shop and Pepper found a pair of thankfully short, black pumps. "Try these on."

I tried them on with my jeans, and thankfully I didn't fall over.

"Good. We'll get those then."

"You really don't mess around with this stuff."

"Now, a dress."

"Oh no. I'll wear the heels, but I'm wearing pants."

"Dress."

"Pants."

"Dress.

"Pants."

"Dress."

"Pants."

"Dress."

"Pants."

"Skirt."

"Fine." We paid for the shoes, along with some other shoes we bought and went to another shop to find a black skirt.

We were browsing for a few minutes when Wanda found one. "Over here."

I rushed over and she held up a black skirt with a bow at the top, that was just my size.

"Perfect, thanks Wanda." I showed it to Pepper and she nodded, so we got that, and I also saw Pepper had snuck in a black dress as well. Oh well, it's not like I have to wear it.