23

"And then Nick Fury said, You're going to do great things, Miss Parker. I can feel it."

"Dude, that is awesome. Nick Fury said you're gonna be great, that's like, the president telling you you're smart."

"I know right? And then he left and I was like What the fuck just happened? And Steve was all like, Language."

"That is so cool. I cannot believe my best friend is an Avenger. Are you moving into the tower?"

"No, but I'm gonna stay over there occasionally. It's just so weird to be able say that I'm an Avenger."

"Well i-" Before Ned could finish, the bell rang. "See you in Physics?"

"I'll be there, unless an alien decides to attack New York and I'm needed."

~Time skip brought to you by the fact that I'm at a sleepover and my best friend is asleep next to me while I listen to the Heather's soundtrack~

I heard the final bell ring and practically ran out of school. I saw Happy's car and ran over to it, opening the door. "Hey, Hogie, how's it going?"

"What did I tell you about calling me Hogie kid?"

"It's a nickname. It's my way of personalising our friendship. I give everyone nicknames."

"Even the Avengers?"

"Especially the Avengers."

"What nicknames you got for them?"

"Guess who's who, original 6. Robin Hood, Bob the Builder, Toto, Capsicle, BFG, Boss ass bitch."

"Barton, Thor, Tony, Rogers, Banner, Natasha."

"Hole in one, Hogie!"

"How did you get Bob the Builder from Thor?"

"He carries a hammer, hammers are used to build things. I haven't met Thor or Hulk so I've had to come up with nicknames for them just based on their reputations."

"Did you steal Capsicle from Tony?"

"What? No. He calls him Capsicle? Damn it, now I have to think of something else. Alright, Grandpa Steve."

"Cute, kid. We're here."

I looked out the window to see Stark Tower in front of me. "See how quick these rides can go when we make conversation."

"Yeah, whatever kid, go annoy Tony now."

"OK, bye Happy, see you tomorrow!"

I walked into Stark Industries smiling and scanned my badge at reception. "Hey, Mol."

I went up in the private elevator and got out at level 4. I walked up to the cashier and smiled.

"Hey, Dani, your usual order?"

"Iced Latte and an Espresso. That's it."

"How's school?"

"Boring. Easy."

"God, I wished I had got on at school that well. When I was your age, I was failing every class except Gym. And literally everyone passes Gym."

"If it makes you feel any better, I failed Gym in Freshman year."

"You know, it really does make me feel better."

"I'm glad. Are you in college?"

"NYU."

"Cool, what are you studying?"

"Archaeology."

"Interesting. What made you decide that?"