36

a/n: a valentine's gift, from me to you ;)

"Did we just lose?"

Dani scoffed from her position on the ground. "Yeah, no thanks to you."

Quill focused his gaze on her and narrowed his eyes. "No thanks to me? Listen you little twerp-"

Dani got to her feet and approached the man from Earth living in space. "No, you listen. We almost had him there dipshit, we were so close to getting the goddamn gauntlet off and so close to fucking winning! Then you had to be an idiot and you let your emotions get the better of you. You slipped up, that is on you." She prodded a finger into his chest and glared.

The man sighed and ducked his head, resigned. "Alright. Say you're right. What do we do about it?"

Strange looked at them in defeat from where he was sat. "Nothing."

Quill swung his head. "Nothing?"

Tony glared. "We just got our asses kicked, and Ballsack Chin used the space stone to go God knows where."

Dani shook her head and went over to make sure her mentor was okay. She thought for a second as she helped Tony sit up, and then promptly dropped him when she realised something.

"Hey!"

She snapped her head to Dr Strange. "You said he needs all six infinity stones right?"

The wizard nodded. "And now, he has five."

She clicked her fingers. "Yes! He has five stones, so all we have to do to stop him is get to the sixth stone before he can!"

Tony looked at his protegé with disappointment and resignation. "But we don't know where the last stone is, kid. And even if we did, we're not exactly in fighting shape."

Dani started to look excited now, and Tony recognized that look as the one she had when she was planning through something in her head.

"But we do know where the sixth stone is." Before anyone could voice a question, she stood up and walked away, continuing off on her train of thought. "In fact, we're lucky it's the only one we have any chance of finding."

"Kid, what are you talking about?"

This was the point where Dani's mind stopped going a mile a minute and seemed to be catching up to the point that no one was following along with her thoughts. She looked at them with concern.

"Did none of you catch exactly what stones he does and doesn't have?"

Quill scoffed. "Uh not really, I was a bit preoccupied trying not to die!" (A/N this totally has the sane energy as that scene in harry potter and the philosophers stone when they first meet fluffy iykyk)

She looked over to Tony who usually was very in tune with her thoughts, but this time just looked at her with well-disguised confusion.

"Every second we sit here is a second we're wasting time - time that they don't have if what I'm thinking is right."

"What exactly are you thinking, Spiderwoman?" Dr Strange wanted to cut the chase, she couldn't blame him really.

She spoke to all of them, but kept eye contact with Tony. "The only stone Thanos still needs; is the mind stone. If I'm not mistaken, then that same stone is the one that lives inside the Vision's head. So we've got a pretty good idea of where he's going next."

Tony nodded and felt a sense of pride toward the young woman in front of him. "So we find Vision…"

"We find Thanos. And we get another shot at taking that asshole down."

Strange shook his head. "Thanos has the time stone now, we couldn't even defeat him before he had it, what makes you think we'll be able to do it now?"

She looked at him and held his gaze. "Because the only place the Vision is likely to be, is on Earth. Earth is our territory, we fight him on home ground. And most importantly, we fight him with the rest of the Avengers by our side." She steadied herself and took a deep breath, turning to address the Guardians. "We almost beat him once. Yes, he has the time stone now but we almost got him when he had four stones, so what's one more? We'll double the numbers on our side, maybe even triple them. But we can't just sit around and wait for him to win without trying to stop him."

Tony nodded. "Alright kid. You make good points, so what's your plan?"

She held his stare for a brief moment before flicking hers to the wizard. "Dr Strange, your portals still work don't they?"

He nodded and she gave a small smirk. "Good. So get us a portal to earth, I say Avengers Compound is our best bet, we'll touch base and track Vision."

"We can go to the Sanctum - we keep track of all potentially dangerous individuals there."

She nodded one last time. "Okay good. Any objections to the plan? Space alien people?"

Mantis punched her fist in the air. "Let's take ass!"

Dani grimaced slightly but admired her spirit. "Yeah. Let's take some ass." As Strange created the portal, she had an afterthought and turned to Quill. "And try not to mess it up this time dipshit."

A/N:
dani genius moment
y'all shit is going down
sorry this was a pretty short chapter, it was originally supposed to be part of chapter 37 but honestly this seemed like a good place to end it and leave you on some suspense hehe
i have this whole story finished now so it's just a matter of final edits and updating and then publishing when i feel like :) (evil laugh)