Epilogue

10 years later...

"Look Diavian, I love the idea but you're gonna need to put together a plan if you want to bring it before the board. I've tried as hard as I can but half of them are still a bunch of goddamn assholes so you need to work twice as hard, got it?"

"Yes ma'am."

"For the last time Di, do not call me ma'am or I swear to God I will fire you."

"Right. Sorry, Dani."

"It's fine. I need to take another call but I want you to send me that spreadsheet as soon as you can." Without a response, she clicked off the call and leaned back in her chair.

Less than a second passed before she got another phone call. "Yes, this is Dani Parker?"

"Hi, Miss Parker, this is Corinna from Lady of the Cake, I'm just calling to confirm your order. That's a three tier cake, bottom layer German chocolate, middle tier red velvet and top tier hazelnut for collection next week? Have you figured out what day you wanted it yet?"

The woman slapped her hand to her forehead. "Oh of course! My bad, I completely forgot to call you back about that. I wanted it for next Saturday if possible. That's when we decided would be best for the party."

"Alright, great. Any time, specifically?"

"Uh, could be anytime between 12 and 3. Is that alright?"

"Yeah that's perfect."

"Ok thank you." She hung up the phone and cursed Tony. "God damn it Stark, why did you have to put me on cake duty for your own daughter's birthday party." 

"Well I don't know, but I've been put in charge of decorations so I feel like you've got the better deal here." The interruption of that specific Tennessee accent made Dani grimace.

"Ugh, it's you. What do you want?"

Stark Industries' Head of R&D smirked at her from the door way. "Is that any way to talk to your adopted brother?"

The CEO rolled her eyes. "You're not my adopted brother, and I hate you."

Harley Keener let out a whistle. "Ouch, little sis. Harsh. Just wanted to see if you'd thought any more about my proposal for the convention."

"Harley, you know I love you. But you also know that my office hours to talk about projects is strictly 9am - 7pm. Go home. Go to bed. Go sleep with the competition."

"Is it still sleeping with the competition if he's my husband?"

"Yes Harley, being married to Harry Osborn does still count as sleeping with the competition."

He rolled his eyes. "Are you still bitter about that? Was you and Tony giving me the silent treatment for 3 months not enough?"

She smiled ruefully. "We were still in the wedding weren't we? Now why are you really here, Keener?"

"Just thought I'd come and piss you off. Bit of brotherly love."

"Great. Thank you, goodbye, give my love to Harry and Jojo, and leave."

He clutched his chest dramatically. "Why must you wound me so?"

Before Dani could reply, the voice of her secretary came through the announcement speaker.

"Dani, I've got Nick Fury on the line. He says it's a 327, shall I put him through?"

The blonde sighed as her secretary's voice came out the phone and ran a hand through her hair in anticipation of what was about to happen.