Chapter 35: Angels who do not fight

He could barely breathe. The young Demon's broken wings became his only shield over his excruciating flesh. He resided in the darkest, poorest, most horrible place in Hell- the world of Demons whose lives held no worth. Abandoned, the little emaciated Demon was left to die among other Demon children like him.

The ramshackle slum reeked of decaying bodies; the desperate cries and screams of agony deafened him as the weekly obliteration process arrived. Every week, lord of the Demons would kill a handful of Demons there so he could steal their energy for himself.

Accompanying him that particular time, was a Demon his age. She observed him quietly as the monstrous Demon sliced the helpless ones dead. The cries only became louder.

"See, Alexandra?! Those who are weak only live to serve us, the omnipotent. You must kill to win." He laughed atrociously as he watched his own subjects suffer.

No reactions came from her. She stood still like a porcelain doll...only grotesque. The poor Demon could see them target him next. His body moved not an inch as they approached him. His eyes gleamed scarlet, he gave it his all to fight back. That bit of litigation landed a scratch on the lord.

"A tough one, you are. Say, shall I spare you?"

Noah snapped out of his thoughts as he noticed Denis calling out to him. For a while, he had travelled back it time when things were...not as luxurious as they were at that point.

Denis requested him to head downstairs immediately to confront the unexpected news the earl brought with her. To Noah's astonishment, she didn't return alone.

"Are you ill, Noah? You appear ghastly."

"Doesn't matter; what's with Zane's arrival? Damn Al, you need to stop bringing people to this place all the time!"

"I will explain once they all are showed to their rooms. Denis?"

The servants of the Allura mansion lined up to bow with integrity. With their biggest smiles, they have Zane and Sierra a warm welcoming.

"Alexandra, I wholeheartedly thank you for your help, but this is too much-"

"Miss Sierra, it is my turn to return Mr Adriel's favour. Now, you two seems to be in dire need of rest- clothes shall be provided shortly. Meet me downstairs in two hours." Alexandra instructed eloquently, followed by her blank expression.

Before Erin and Edith guided them to their chambers, Zane stopped midway in front of Alexandra who had her head bent down respectfully.

"Listen, Alexandra, I'm sorry for all this. I had my own reasons for what I did."

"It's alright, no need to apologize. We shall speak further once you feel better."

This was the nicest Alexandra ever was. It left everyone gobsmacked instantly. She said it all with such a straight face Zane was caught off guard. He smiled faintly then separated from her.

Being left alone, Noah goggled at her ludicrously in terror of her unexpected douceurs. In reaction to his demand for an explanation Alexandra dashed to her study with him. Her usual equanimity went right out of the window and panic struck her. Noah tried to ask her what was wrong, but she didn't say anything and had her palm over her mouth- pondering deeply. She was unreadable.

"The f**k is the matter with you?! Quit beating around the bush and spill it out!" Noah held Alexandra's head in his hands to make her face him to see her look horribly pale and shockingly, scared.

She shoved him aside and ran her fingers through her hair, sighing. Within seconds, she reverted back to her aloof, composed self.

"You see, Mr Adriel's mansion was set on fire by HAVOCs. Erido is still out there."