Chapter 4: I tried, but it didn't work out so whatever

The next morning appeared to be gloomy, contrasting to the atmosphere for previous day. The sky looked as if different tones of grey was splashed onto a massive white canvas. Alexandra woke up early as she always did and the first thing she did was to check whether the mysterious man had woken up or not. She hopped out of her bed and put on her slippers before grabbing her robe and rushing to his room. As expected, the Allura servants treated the unknown person with great care.

"What did the doctor say? He came quite late last night, isn't it?" Alexandra asked Edith and Denis, who had stayed with the guest and took care of him all night.

"The doctor said he's fine, no internal injuries, goodness gracious. However, he had a few  wounds so the doc have him some ointment and bandaged him" Denis reported.

"The doctor also said that he should recover and gain consciousness after a while." Edith added.

"Inform me first when he wakes up." Alexandra said as she went out of the room with a sigh.

"Of course, milady!"

══ஓ๑⊶❈⊷๑ஓ══

Alexandra spent her time either studying about the case or just playing the piano as a way of utilising her time. She wasn't an expert, but playing instruments just soothed her mind. She didn't feel like doing anything anymore so her mind drifted off to the man lying unconscious once again. He looked very peaceful while sleeping. Now, Alexandra envied him. She had never slept properly in supposedly centuries- one of the perks of being a Demon. She trodded towards the man and stood there staring at him with her cold, emotionless eyes.

"Why do you seem so at ease? Is your life oh so kind to you?" Alexandra asked the unconscious male, knowing she'd receive no answer.

Suddenly, he seemed to mumble something in his sleep. Something like, an 'I'm sorry'. Realising that he was waking up, Alexandra went closer to examine him and bent over a little as his eyes fluttered open. The man noticed Alexandra staring at him and immediately screamed in horror, making Alexandra flinch as well. He screamed as he has seen a poltergeist from a horror film, clutching to the bedsheets.

"Holy cheese crackers who the f**k are you?!?!" He shrieked, backing away from Alexandra who was frozen in place awkwardly.

She became slightly flustered by seeing him wincing at her as him she was some kind of a zombie. Those type of first impressions were indeed very vexatious.

"I saved you after you were almost killed last night. You went unconscious and in an abysmal state so I took you home, good sir." Alexandra explained politely in a soothing tone, trying to calm him down and trying not to get angry herself.

Alexandra didn't think of taking him to a hospital because of her curiosity about who he was and how he knew Conor. And, hospitals are way too much social interaction.

The two stared at each other for a while with both their eyes almost popping out of their sockets due to the tension of the atmosphere. Eventually, the man was the first to break the silence, not able to tolerate the nervousness any longer.

"Oh, um-I thank you for helping me out. Without your help I would have probably been lying dead somewhere." The man chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"It's very much alright. I am Alexandra Allura, an earl. You are currently staying at the Allura Mansion." Alexandra informed sternly.

The man got out of the bed and stood up. He brushed off his clothes and ran his fingers through his silver hair with a sigh. Eye bags under his eyes clearly interpreted how tiring and rough his previous night was.