Chapter 27: An indecisive mission

The little Italian restaurant down the street in London had fewer customers that day

The little Italian restaurant down the street in London had fewer customers that day. The atmosphere of serenity had Zane and Alexandra end up in a table beside the window once again. By day the restaurant beautifies with the colour of oranges, a shiny look, and the jazz pours out of the open doors along with the aroma of fresh baked lasagne. With a warm cup of tea and Cornetti con Panna on their tables, another day of investigation proceeded.

"This Matt you speak of, he intends to save humanity by destroying Demons-firstly slaughtering those who live hidden among humans, correct?" Alexandra summarized in a low, mystifying voice.

"Strange, I know. It's unknown how Erido even knows of the Demon existence. I say, there's a superior manipulating normal citizens so they turn their back against society. If this continues, maybe the Angels will have to get involved, and maybe the real Demons might come out."

Someone was definitely providing these mere people with such information...someone not a regular human. Alexandra began to feel troubled by their acknowledgments which might lead to several bloodbaths. At this point, all she needed was solitude until she the end.

"Here's something I know you'd be glad to hear, I know how to get into this cult." Zane grinned proudly.

"Go on." Alexandra nodded, finally intrigued.

"Earlier, I asked Matt to tell me the procedure after he almost killed me. Man, this cult has some horrifying followers,"

Alexandra slightly furrowed her eyebrows, crossed her arms and straightened her back.

"These people are not sane, Mr Adriel. A foolish deed you caused by yourself. Judging from your strength, you might have gotten killed."

"I'm not as weak as I look. And besides, I had friends with me."

"No wonder. Nevertheless, make sure that is not repeated."