Chapter 15: About to invite his own death

Zane's expression switched to terror as his eyes caught something. He rose up hastily from the chair, alarming a few of the people around them.

"Is something the matter?" Alexandra queried, bewildered of Zane's sudden actions.

"Stop talking. Just do what I tell you go do." Zane demanded, almost in a cocky
way.

Alexandra narrowed her eyes and stared at Zane in a provoking manner. Alexandra Allura despised being ordered around by most people, and this wasn't any exception.

"Pardon me? What gave you the right to talk to me so informally?" She growled but coldly.

"Can you please stay shut for a minute?!" Zane raised his voice slightly.

Ignoring Alexandra's opposition, he peered at his target secretively, studying the moves attentively. Alexandra followed his gaze when Zane grabbed her arm tightly, preventing her from turning around.

"Unhand me this instant, Mr Adriel. You will face terrible consequences if you don't." She warned, gritting her teeth defensively.

Zane acted quick and pulled Alexandra closer to his side, almost knocking her out. Alexandra immediately jumped away further from him in disgust.

"What is it with you, Mr Zane Adriel?! Do you have a death wish?!" She roared, the volcano within her eventually erupting.

Terrified of Alexandra's aura, Zane gave in and whispered something to her for justification.

"I'm so so sorry about this. Someone is stalking us, and I think I know who it may be."

Alexandra nodded reluctantly in defeat even though she was not at the right mind to cooperate. Zane sighed with relief, glad he wasn't going to get killed by her. Zane let go of her arm, which she brushed off with a handkerchief. Zane moved his lips, signalling her to move away the table area. She was forced to do so, and Zane follows as she did. The two paced out of the restaurant, with increasing speed.

"We need to get somewhere safe fast." Zane huffed as they ran.

"Mr. Adriel, can you update me with our current status?" Alexandra asked, almost like a machine.

"Some human-demon hybrid is after me. I met something similar recently, and that didn't end well. If we get caught, we'll be in big trouble."

"Why am I even-"

Right before Alexandra could finish her statement, Zane grabbed her collar out of the blue and dragged her to a narrow space in the road. They hid within the darkness formed by the shadows of skyscapers, hoping they won't be found.

It eventually came to Alexandra's attention that a group of unnatural beings were following them constantly as they fled. Zane bolted to a dark narrow street nearby, hoping to be able to hide there. Splashes of multiple colours were sprayed on the wall, which was an advantage for them as coincidentally, Zane was wearing weirdly colourful clothes that particular day.

Now for camouflage, Zane was in suitable clothing. But that wasn't exactly the case for Alexandra. To prevent being noticed, Zane attempted to cover Alexandra with his body so they almost mix with the background.

However, that idea had its issues.

"Oh no you don't, sir. I would like you to stay at least 25 inches away from me." Alexandra revolted, moving away from him.

She was clearly avoiding any more physical contact with who she assumed, was a human. Even if Zane wasn't human, she would've still reacted the same way. Though, her disrespectful and inconsiderate behaviour aggrieved Zane, which was indeed evident. Anyone would repel against such abrupt attitude.