Chapter 30: Exposé

Alexandra cautiously watched Zane speak to Nero Von Maddox. He eventually took Zane to a private area to speak further, supposedly about Erido. As unreliable as he was, she couldn't let Zane be on his own with such a delicate and risky situation in his hands. She ought to follow him somehow. That's when an ridiculous idea struck her head.

Out of the blue, she grabbed a young waiter by the collar and made him confront her. The boy was clueless, confused, and utterly terrified of the creepy lady in front of her. He mustered enough courage to stutter and ask what was going on. Alexandra widened her eyes in a manipulative manner, and opened her mouth.

"I will pay you 200 pounds to give me your uniform."

Alexandra was awfully polite for someone who just attacked a young lad. He could only stare at her incredulously with his jaw hanging open.

"I am aware that this must be quite strange, but it is an emergency. So please, give it to me."

Her eyes seemed to hypnotize him into saying yes

Her eyes seemed to hypnotize him into saying yes. There was something about those scarlet eyes that no one could escape, including the poor boy. In the end, she obtained his suit forcibly. The designer dress, she threw away like a piece of nothing. Alexandra tied her hair into a tight ponytail took off her jewelry and makeup then put the white gloves on to resemble a male to the slightest. Luckily, her broad shoulders helped quite. By the time Zane was about to leave the soirée with Maddox, Alexandra had caught up without any people doubting her.

Maddox guided Zane down to the mansion's cellar, which led to a hidden passage they took

Maddox guided Zane down to the mansion's cellar, which led to a hidden passage they took. Reluctantly, Zane followed Maddox inside and so did Alexandra. Internally, Zane was praying he wasn't going to die just yet. The passage was so quiet and frightening he felt like he was starring in a horror film- where he was the first to die. Neither did he know Alexandra was with him all along.

"Can I ask where we're going?" Zane gulped, scanning the other exsufflicate passages around him.

"See for yourself, Avery Clarke."