Chapter 3: Meeting the cause of all her future miseries

Alexandra sped deeper into the woods, not caring about how deep

Alexandra sped deeper into the woods, not caring about how deep. When she thought it couldn't get any worse, a sharp pain hit her chest as if she had been stabbed. The pain was strong enough to make her lose control of her body and totted her way forward.

"Damn it. Something is definitely wrong over here..." She mumbled, clenching her fist furiously.

Alexandra felt the aura of a Demon was nearby. But it was highly unlikely because there was no particular reason for a Demon to be in the woods or even get involved with all of this. So maybe, she was imagining it, or she was incorrect. It was possible she was wrong because she wasn't used to feeling a Demonic aura nearby for quite a few years.

She approached the river bank where she saw something tremendously shocking in a place like that.There was another dead body lying on the grass, with dried blood scattered all over. It was the corpse of a young woman; her eyes were also gouged out and her head was partially separated from her body, as if she were to be decapitated. Her auburn hair was scattered in multiple places, stained with dried blood; crimson. Her ocean blue eyes were wide open, but her irises held a sudden sadness. Her clothes, a yellow tunic and some black capris, were now bloody. And the smell. The smell was the most disturbing thing Alexandra had sniffed in quite a while. It was a blatant her bowels had been released, and all too soon. Alexandra's head pounded as one question continued to race through her mind: Who could have done this?

The same symbol Alexandra saw previously was carved on the skin of her exposed collarbone. Alexandra looked for a hint or lead to the killer, but found no trace except the symbol she had seen on the previous victim as well. The culprit, or maybe culprits, didn't leave any other trace of their existence to help Alexandra; proving to be incredibly cunning for her.

Alexandra examined the body closely for a while, hoping to find some leads anyhow. Since no-one was present there, she decided to use her Demonic abilities to check whether the woman's soul was already eaten or not. Alexandra touched lifeless woman's hand and it started to glow scarlet. Alexandra was now confident that the corpse's soul was gone-possibly eaten or stolen with the help of one of the most sacred ritual of the Demon world.

"I should inform the police about this murder right now." Alexandra muttered as she turned around.

Alexandra took out her phone and again clicked a picture of the body before leaving. Maybe she might spot something she couldn't spot then. She bolted back to her carriage where she saw the woman they bumped into being comforted by Robin at the side of the rods. Just as he saw Alexandra covered in blood, he became extremely worried and panic overtook his mind.

"Milady! Why is there blood on your clothing? Are you alright? Did something happen?!"

"I am very much alright. I found another dead body in the woods. Inform the Yard. We are to take this woman to town right now."

Robin nodded obediently and helped his mistress get inside the carriage along with the woman. They immediately dashed to the town and to the police station.