Chapter 31: What a dunce

*this chapter contains gory imagery. You have been warned!!

The soirée continued marvelously. The attendees laughed while they conversed, some danced to the music with their significant other, some drank like there was no tomorrow. Sierra Adams ended up joining a small group of fair maidens for the rest of the evening. Naturally, most Angels were known to be congenial and optimistic, being it obvious for her to be so. Her mind was distracted for the time being. Zane's whereabouts didn't bother her anymore...until he came to her out of nowhere, panting.

"Oh good, you're back, Zane! I'd like you to meet my ne-"

"We need to leave, NOW. Help me get everyone to evacuate, Sierra!"

Zane held Sierra's wrist and pulled her away from the ladies. By then, Tralenus and Maddox had reached the floor and were searching for Zane among the crowd.

"I-Is something wrong?"

"Erido is going to kill everyone in this room tonight! This soirée was a bloody trap!"

All colours drained out of Sierra's pretty face. Without further questions, they immediately began approaching those around them, pleading for them to get out. But of course, no-one believed them.

It was too late.

Tralenus pulled out a gun and shot right at the chandelier, leaving it crashing to the ground beautifully. Tralenus' erraticity left everyone as well as Zane incredulous as to what was going to happen after.

As soon as the chandelier smashed and the crystals fell into scatters, a team of HAVOCs came crashing through the gigantic glass windows. Within seconds, the mansion turned into a scene of pure chaos. People were shot spontaneously whilst the others ran past one other, not caring even when someone was getting crushed under their feet.

One thing was for sure; no matter how nice one is to someone else, once your life is at risk

One thing was for sure; no matter how nice one is to someone else, once your life is at risk...none of it matters. That's just how it works.

"Where are you, Zane Adriel?! Don't be a coward!" Tralenus yelled at the top of his lungs as his voice echoed to every corner of the hall.

Zane hid behind a pillar with Sierra beside him, stuck in a major dilemma once again. Either he could use his abilities to stop Tralenus, or he could just help everyone escape and nothing more. Before he could jump into promiscuous conclusions, a gelid aura blocked him and Sierra erratically.

"I asked you to flee, Mr Adriel." A phlegmatic yet chilling voice whispered behind them, making their hearts skip a beat.

"Goodness, you scared us!" Sierra hissed, expressing her fright profusely.

"A regularity, but nevermind. How'd you get out so fast, what happened in there?!" Zane's heart raced as he stood helplessly.

"There was only a few of them. They distracted us so the attack here could go smoothly. An ingenious trick, indeed."