Chapter 8: Haunted by his past; trying to overcome for the better

Zane Adriel stayed within his chambers in leisure, staring at the ongoing storm visible outside his window and lying down on the couch like an tired child. The last few days were anything but easy, and exhaustion overtook his body eventually. Though he had quite the pleasant time at the Allura mansion aside the fact that Alexandra was probably the coldest person he ever encountered with.

"That girl...her impassive attitude hasn't failed to creep me out." Zane mumbled to himself.

"Despite that ice cube's aloofness, she doesn't seem too abysmal. Just a little creepy." Zane giggled.

At first glance, Zane had clearly found Alexandra as a mysterious young woman, unwilling to speak openly. When he interacted with her difficult attitude, all of his interest for her went right out of the window. She was too reserved for his taste; for anyone's taste.

Just as the clock ticked by, the rain slowly began to subside as well. Soon after, Lucus Orion came bolting to Zane's room, and interrupting his time of rest. Lucus burst in and collapsed on the couch in front of Zane. He looked dead serious- which was indeed unusual because Lucus was normally the type of person who always stayed happy and smiling through any situation. That was one of the reasons why Zane and he got along so well. But then again, almost every Angels had been blessed with the ability to stay prosperous all the time.

"What's the matter, Lucus? Why do you look so worried?" Zane's looked genuinely concerned for his dear friend.

"There has been a problem, Zane. I just
got a message from Sabrina a while ago. She couldn't reach you, so sent me the letter with her powers instead." Lucus explained worriedly.

"As you've noticed, I've been pretty busy these few days. What's the message about?" Zane inquired, a little calmer than before.

"Well, Heaven might actually be in danger; along with the Angels living in it. The Angels are begging us to come back and take a look at the situation. Now I know that you haven't returned to Heaven for decades now, but Sabrina wrote it was extremely urgent this time. You can't ignore it this time, Zane."

"Right now? But-"

"No buts. We will have to leave now without any delay. We're belong to Heaven-protecting families, right? It's our duty." Lucus squinted at Zane.

Lucus proved to be more persistent than Zane, making him agree to him in no time. Therefore, the two Angels were going to return back to Heaven in just a few minutes.

Zane informed his servants about his leave, and then bolted outside with Lucus.

The two Angels travelled far from the estate to a place no-one could possibly see them, and spread their wings in secrecy. Trying not to waste any time, they flew upwards and into the portal leading to the sempiternal lands of Heaven.

Unfortunately, Zane began to feel more and more uncomfortable as he flew closer to Heaven. It was almost like a magnetic field trying to pull him back. His heart began to thump loud enough for him to even hear, and a nervous breakdown began to overtake him. After all, it had been quite a long time since he visited Heaven. After the unfaithful incident Zane had to experience when his was still an amateur, Heaven was no longer a place he yearned for.

"I can't stay here anymore, Lucus. Not with all the memories of our friends haunting me like this." Zane confessed, tears of anguish falling drastically from his eyes as he stared at his friends' coffins.

" Zane confessed, tears of anguish falling drastically from his eyes as he stared at his friends' coffins