Chapter 18: Gaining more foes, day by day

The morning greeted the dull Allura manor with its warmth after the chilly night faded to dawn. The whistles of the wind and rustling of leaves harmonized wonderfully with the chirps of the birds creating a lovely melody together. The blissful day didn't last for long; it never did. The Earl had received an invitation to a tea party hosted by an affluent nobleman. She was well aware of their actual intentions, but was not able to refuse the invite either. This seemingly young earl couldn't afford to get her reputation get tarnished.

Erin and Edith assisted Alexandra with her attire, which itself was a hardship. Having a noninteractive woman for a mistress was most difficult.

"Mistress, how about this outfit at least?" Edith groaned, taking a dress out of the closet for the fifteenth time.

"Too bright, Edith. Dark shades are more preferable." Alexandra denied coldly.

"Mistress, this is a morning tea party you'll be going to- not a funeral. Might as well choose something...optimistic?" Erin forced a smile, tired of Alexandra's persistence.

"Correct you are. Very well, I'll leave the final choice to you." Alexandra nodded as she exhaled.

In just a while, Alexandra was able to get ready in a lovely pastel dress. The square neck dress with fluffy sleeves revealed her collarbone, bringing life to her exhausted, slender figure. Her hair neatly tied with a ribbon.

"Oh dear, you look lovely, mistress!" The two ladies beamed, satisfied with their selection.

Alexandra glanced at them bleakly, unbothered with any compliments of sort. Normally, anyone would've felt discouraged by such a reaction. However, Erin and Edith were used to these cold approaches. Deep inside, they believed Alexandra appreciated it all.

"Nevermind my appearance. Take care of the manor while I am away." She ordered, wearing her watch with her sleeves pulled just below her elbows.

"Oh yes, of course!"

It took a while for the earl to get ready for the event. Perfect presentation is vital at all times; especially when with nobility. Alexandra Allura always found it difficult to interact with the higher class, despite being one of them. Most of the affluent tend to be arrogant and egocentric, or so Alexandra reckoned. This unfair world could never be fixed unless the impure disappears once and for all.

Alexandra rushed to the car as soon as possible where Robin, her chauffeur, awaited her arrival.

"I'll be off, then. Be good, all of you." Alexandra commanded before getting in.

"Roger that, ma'am!" The servants chimed in unison.

══ஓ๑⊶❈⊷๑ஓ══

In an hour or so, the earl finally arrived at the Vanidestine estate, owned by Sir Joseph Vanidestine

In an hour or so, the earl finally arrived at the Vanidestine estate, owned by Sir Joseph Vanidestine. The massive area was full of dancing bright flowers everywhere. As soon as Alexandra set foot inside the estate, the grand gates opened with a line of guards ready to greet her. Alexandra cautiously walked passed them, not smiling even once.