Chapter 19: Creepy felines, shirtless idiots

The frenzied event at the Allura mansion came to an abrupt end when Blake and Delilah were kicked out of the estate by the earl herself. No further damages were needed. However in the end, the cat did stay behind as her pet. Normally, Alexandra disliked animals, seeing them as nuisances. But there was something peculiar about this little beast that engrossed her. The cat's cyan eyes were a perfect fit with his name, Azure. Fortunately, he was well-behaved in his new owner's presence; mostly under terror for her.

Just was serenity landed upon the estate, rain came uninvited. Washing the world, quenching soil and the life whom depend upon it. In either warmth or coldness, sunlight or moonlight, rain comes, humble to its role. Whilst the rain poured all over London, Alexandra Allura prepared for her upcoming reports to the king. Soothing music played in the background, bringing life to the withering room.

Azure tiptoed his way up Alexandra's desk, and stared at her pointlessly. His cold eyes reflected hers identically. Both the owner and her pet were as indifferent as the other. The way Azure reminded Alexandra of herself itself was queer.

Alexandra studied the animal licking its paws, with pococutantism. Was meeting this little cat coincidental? Who knows...

"Strange creatures, felines are. Emotions so similar to humans. But why are you an exception?" She mumbled, petting Azure softly.

The beast in onyx fur purred and ignored Alexandra nonchalantly. He turned his tail to her and bounced down the desk.

"Huh, still not fond of me..."

There was a sudden knock on the door, alarming the earl for danger. Edith rushed inside the room as soon as she was permitted to, huffing uncontrollably.

"What is it, Edith? You appear concerned."

"Mistress, there's some gent standing at the doorstep!"

"Oh? I don't believe I had to see anyone today. Did you see his face?"

"No...he's in a black jacket and hat. I can't make out his face in the rain." Edith's panicking increased rapidly.

"Allay yourself, trepidation is not pragmatic. I'll go examine this."

The two ladies hurried down the stairs without delay, to see Denis and Erin circling the house fretting about. Their eyes lit up as soon as they saw their mistress, confident of her protection.

"My pistol, please." Alexandra ordered Edith, who immediately brought so.

Alexandra signaled Denis to open the door as soon as Alexandra got her hands on the pistol. Pointing at the door, she padded to near the threshold.

Just then, her eyes met with the unidentified visitor. A pair of glowing irises contrasted with the dark, ominous night, making her realise who it was instantly. Putting her pistol down, the earl lowered her guard.

"Ah it's you. An unpleasant time to visit." She hissed.

"Why so? Bet I scared the sh*t out of you nevertheless."

"Oh, on the contrary. I was rather curious, Noah Desmond."

A conceited smirk crept on Noah's face as he took his soaked cap off. His fierce eyes glanced here and there, scanning the mansion's interior carefully.