Chapter 17: The one with the mentality of a child

Luna accompanied Alexandra throughout the time of her visit. Just like their master, the servants were oddly delirious at all times in the Adriel manor. They seemed like the perfect definition of harmony and peace. Unlike the Allura household, this was to the least chaotic. At least they didn't burn the house down or destroy anything. There was a marvellous chariot waiting for Alexandra right in front of the gate, with Robin waiting for her to arrive.

"I apologize for the delay, mistress. The traffic was horrid." Robin, her chauffeur, sighed apologetically.

"I'll overlook this just today. Come along now, it has been a long day."

Alexandra turned to face Luna with her face expressionless. She softly exhaled before speaking to Luna, who was in confusion.

"Your hospitality is much appreciated, miss. I thank you wholeheartedly." Alexandra bowed courteously, but coldly.

"Why, I was only pursuing my duties, miss Allura. This is the least I could do belonging to the Adriel household. It was an honour serving you." She beamed felicitously.

Alexandra nodded and jumped inside the vehicle without another word. Meanwhile, Robin had mustered the courage to approach Luna to show his regards. The trees around them danced with the wind, different shades of orange reflecting on the leaves. Their skin was sunkissed due to the wonderfully setting sun.

"Thank you for looking after my mistress, miss...?"

"It's Luna. And I'm glad to help!"

"I hope she wasn't too much of a trouble. Mistress can be a little... nitpicky, at times- and very aloof."

"Yes, I noticed. But don't worry, she was really easy to converse with compared to my master."

"Well, mistress may look intimidating, but she's a nice person."

While they talked, Robin and Luna didn't realise Alexandra was able to hear them clearly. It rather amused her to see humans speaking so positive of a Demon. The irony of it all. It was evident she didn't deserve such praise. If any of them learnt about her true self, would they like her still? Would their attitude be the same? People judge you based on what you are on the outside. Once your deepest secrets come to light, it's game over. That's how life works, and Alexandra had learnt to live with the bitter truth.

"Quit fooling around, Robin. We need to leave." Alexandra yelled from inside, alarming both Robin and Luna.

"Blimey, duty calls. See you around, miss Luna!"

With that, Robin climbed up to his seat and the chariot left out of sight eventually as Luna waved them goodbye.

Meanwhile, Ralph peered out of the window the whole time to observe this strange woman he encountered with. His suspicions arose the moment he sensed her aura. In Ralph's centuries of experience with Demons, he could somewhat identify one. However years had already passed since he met one, so he could be mistaken.

"That woman, I'll have to gather more information on her." Ralph pondered to himself as he rubbed his chin.

Unfortunately Ralph couldn't look deeper into this now with Zane perturbing him minute by minute. Even now he saw Zane approaching him with a smile full of idiocy.

"Hey Ralph, what're you doin' by the window?"

Ralph scowled at him, pestered by the abrupt intrusion. Even though Zane was a junior to him in age, he held a superior position as Angels. It was rather uncomfortable for Ralph to fulfill the orders of someone years older than him- especially one who was oddly puerile.

"Nothing you need to worry about, lord. How may I help you?" Ralph forced himself to talk with heavy annoyance.

"It's nothing. I just wanted someone to talk to, that's all. The recent events worries me to quite an extent. I'm just hoping we won't get involved in all this mess."