V.1 CH.16: Black and White

At a café in the middle of Vale where Sun, F/n, and Blake are drinking tea.

Sun: "Finally, they speak! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks!" Blake and F/n give Sun a firm look. "Yeah, like that."

Blake: "Sun... Are you familiar with the White Fang?"

Sun: "Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!"

Blake: "We were once a member of the White Fang."

Sun promptly goes cross-eyed and chokes on his drink, making him put it down and wipe his mouth as he holds up a hand to process this information.

Sun: "Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?!"

Blake: "That's right. We were members for most of our lives, actually. You could almost say we were born into it... Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And we were there. We were at the front of every rally. We took part in every boycott. We actually thought we were making a difference. But were just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, we left. We decided to no longer use our skills to aid in their violence, and instead, we would dedicate our lives to becoming a Huntsmen. So here we are: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow." She wiggles her cat ears beneath the fashionable disguise to demonstrate.

F/n: "Except I don't hide my features."

Sun: "So... have you guys told your friends any of this?"

Blake merely looks down in shame and says nothing.

F/n: "Of course not! What makes you think we're going to reveal that we're apart of the White Fang?"

~~~

Ruby: "Blaaaake! Y/nnnn! She shouts

Yang: "Blaaaake! Y/nnnn" She also calls out

Ruby, Yang, and Weiss are walking through town and calling in vain for their missing teammates.

Ruby: "Blaaaaaaaake! Y/nnnnnnn! Where aaaare yoooouuuu!?"

Yang: "Blake! Y/n!"

Ruby: "Weiiiiss, you're not helping!"

Weiss: "Oh! You know what might be able to help? The police!"

Ruby: "Ugh, Weiss..."

Weiss: "It was just an idea!"

Ruby: "Yeah, a bad one."