V.2 CH.10: Search and Destroy

RWBY(F) are horrified as they look at their guide for the week.

Weiss: "Professor Oobleck?"

Oobleck: "Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And..." He Zooms upright to Weiss' face. SheIt's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!" He quickly backs away.

Weiss: "Uh..."

Oobleck: "Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind... schedule!" He zips off to the airship docked farther ahead in a second.

F/n: "You know what. I'm going to find out what he drinks every day." He follows Oobleck, leaving his team behind.

Ruby: "Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse."

Nora: "Save the world?"

They turn around to see Nora and the rest of Team JNPR approaching.

Nora: "You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad!" Her stomach rumbles. "Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren..."

Ren, for his part, simply crosses his arms and turns away.

Jaune: "Sounds exciting. Where ya going?"

Ruby: "Oh, just outside the kingdom..."

Nora: "Hey! So are we!"

Pyrrha: "Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village."

Ren: "We set out tomorrow."

Neptune: "Then you can party with us tonight!" Neptune and Sun approach the two groups. "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."

Sun: "We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal."

Ruby: "Well-"

Oobleck appears from the airship to call the rest of F/n's team.

Oobleck: "Four minutes, ladies!"

He Goes back inside as F/n holds a cup of coffee, sipping it before he goes Blank and collapses.

Ruby: "Well, uh..." Throws a thumbs-up. "Wish us luck!" With that, the friends disband, either back to Beacon Academy or towards their mission.

~~~

Their airship is flying over buildings and streets amid deafening turbines.

Yang: "Guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter."

Oobleck: "I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles."