V.3 CH.7: The Beginning of the End

It's dark, voices are heard, echoing as if through a tunnel.

Cinder: "I want to be strong."

Salesman: "A beautiful ring... for a beautiful woman."

Woman: "I'm sorry?"

Cinder: "I want to be feared."

Salesman: "What!?" He's yells, surprised "Impossible! What did...!?"

Man: "She went that way!"

Cinder: "I want to be powerful."

Woman: "Someone, call the police!"

Salesman: "How'd she do that!?"

It lightens up, a smirking Cinder, with shorter hair and a metal bow with arrows on her back is questioning someone.

Cinder: "How did you do that?"

The person she is talking to in the abandoned alleyway, cornered against a wall, is Emerald. Emerald has a ponytail instead of her usual locks and is wearing a different outfit, missing her usual white top and arm accessories. She glares at this stranger while glancing around, backing away slowly and not answering. Without warning, she attempts to get her revolvers from their holsters.

Cinder: "Don't." Emerald grimaces before Cinder continues. "Unless, of course, you want them to hear you." There is a sound of footsteps running past while she speaks.

Emerald: "What do you want?"

Cinder: "I've already told you. And I don't like repeating myself."

Emerald: "I didn't do anything! Just leave me alone!"

Cinder: "I know my fair share of liars and thieves. Stealing is an art of patience, coordination, and in a pinch, sleight of hand. But you didn't steal the ring in your pocket." Emerald is shocked and checks the pocket where her prize is as Cinder crosses her arms, continuing. "You took it right before the jeweller's eyes. And he smiled."

Emerald: "Who are you?"

Cinder keeps on smiling as everything turns dark again.

Cinder: "I wish to take on an apprentice."

Large Man: "He lives in the mountains with his son."

Cinder: "Follow me, and you'll never be hungry again."

Emerald: "Thank you..."

It lightens up again, a panting, bruised and bloodied face of another familiar youth, Mercury. He is missing his armor and sash, and his knees are bandaged and stained with blood. There is light from a burning house dancing to his back as he stands before a confident Cinder and wary Emerald.

Mercury: "What are you looking at!?"

Cinder: "I'm looking for Marcus Black."

Mercury spits blood on the ground as he gestures back at the burning house and the white-haired man lying face down behind him.