V.2 CH.5: Painting The Town...

Ruby: "Penny, I-I don't understand..."

Penny: "Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura." She Turns her head to the side sadly. "I'm not real..."

Ruby: "Of course you are. You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?"

Penny: "I don't... um..." She Leans in close to Ruby's face. "You're... taking this extraordinarily well."

Ruby: "You're not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart, and a soul; I can feel it!"

Penny: "Ooohh... oh Ruby." She Grabs Ruby into a hug and shakes her back and forth. "You're the best friend anyone could have!"

Ruby: "I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!" She tells Penny through her muffled groans, before she lets her go

Penny: "Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!"

Ruby: "Wow. He built you all by himself?"

Penny: "Well, almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood."

Ruby: "The General?! Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?"

Penny: "They like to protect me, too!"

Ruby: "They don't think you can protect yourself?"

Penny: "They're not sure if I'm ready yet... One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the Tournament."

Ruby: "Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!"

Penny: "That's not what Mr. Ironwood said..."

Soldier 1: "Check down here!" He yells, as Penny grabs Ruby's shoulders

Penny: "You have to hide!" She Lifts Ruby above her head effortlessly.

Ruby Struggles and screams as she is carried toward the dumpster.

Ruby: "Penny, wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! I can help you!"

Penny Throws Ruby in the trash and lifts the lid so she can still talk.

Penny: "It's okay, Ruby. They're not bad people; I just don't want to get you in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone else my secret. Okay?" She Gravely stares at Ruby.

Ruby: "I promise."

Ruby lowers her head into the garbage as the lid is put down, but she lifts it a little to peek at the scene outside.

Soldier 1: "There she is!"

Penny: "Sal-u-tations, officers!"

Soldier 1: "Why were you running? And what happened to the other girl?"

Penny: "What girl? I've been by myself all day!" She Hiccups loudly, then smiles.