V.1 CH.1: Ruby Rose

Narrator: "Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past."

The gems in the image glow green and fade to show simple pictures of a man rising from the earth before being surrounded by creatures, barely held back by warriors.

Narrator: "Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness - creatures of destruction - the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void."

Black sets in, then suddenly lessens as a light grows brighter and brighter until a gem rises from it and lowers itself into the hands of man.

Narrator: "However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named 'Dust'."

Men are shown shooting lightning, raising swords, and aiming rifles at the retreating beasts as a castle appears behind them.

Narrator: "Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life."

The castle zooms out to show a map of Remnant, which houses other buildings until they disappear in flashes of white and the map is lowered to show the scattered moon over a city at night.

Narrator: But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... darkness will return.

Roman Torchwick and four of his henchmen head down an alley from the shadows. They stop behind Roman, who reignites his cigar without touching it and grins before walking down the road, frightening nearby citizens as they make their way towards the shop From Dust Till Dawn.

Narrator: "So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments to a so-called "free world", but take heed... there will be no victory in strength."

Roman and his henchmen enter the shop, the while we go to Ruby wearing a hooded red cloak in the corner of the shop, reading a weapons magazine with F/n beside her.

Ozpin: "But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

The henchmen look around and at the Dust crystals in the display when Roman approaches the elderly shopkeeper.

Roman: "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Dust shop open this late?"

One of the henchman points his gun at the shopkeeper.

Shopkeeper: "P-please! Just take my Lien and leave!" he says scared, while raising his hands

Roman: "Shhh, shhh, shhh, shhh, calm down, we're not here for your money." He looks at his henchmen. "Grab the Dust."

A henchman opens a case and removes one of several cylinders, which the group uses to take Dust from the tube containers on the walls.

The shopkeeper proceeds to fill the case. As another henchman goes for another tube, he hears a muted song from Ruby's and F/n's direction, and unsheathes his sword.