V.3 CH.5: Never Miss a Beat

The Amity Colosseum mountain biome is being bombarded by several explosions all around the area. Russel, his weapon in hand, is running from the mayhem before spinning around, ready to face his opponents, who turns out to be the familiar face of Penny and her beret-wearing teammate. With an ever-present smile and simple arm movements, she summons six floating swords and rears them back before launching them in a ring at Russel, who barely manages to duck behind a rock to protect himself.

Wasting no time, Penny does the same thing with another group of blades, homing in on the other CRDL teammate Sky until he uses his spear to vault over another stone for defense. The two exchange a worried look at the sight of their rocks still pierced with multiple blades, and Penny grins in combat-ready fierceness as she looks to her partner, who simply taps her watch as if hurrying Penny up. Wasting no time, Penny raises her hands like a puppetmaster and uses the near-invisible strings attached to each hilt to lift the giant rocks up in the air, with the screaming Russel and Sky still hanging on. Bringing her arms down to her sides, the stones come crashing to the ground as well, leaving Penny's opponents in the grass. Her swords come back to her pack as the buzzer rings.

Oobleck: "And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!"

Penny: "Thank you for a wonderful time."

The two victors turn to leave the stadium as Russel feebly reaches out, only to get hit in the head by an errant stone.

Watching from the stands, Ruby sees them start to walk away and excitedly gets up, dragging F/n with her, leaving their whole team behind.

~~~

F/n: "Is there any reason why I should be tagging along?"

Ruby: "Well... I have a huge secret that you have to keep."

F/n: "Shouldn't you be telling Yang to keep secrets for you? She is your sister."

Ruby: "No, she'll make sure to tease me about it every day before telling everyone in the school."

F/n: "Seems Reasonable. And what is this secret?"

Ruby: "Penny's a Robot!"

F/n doesn't have time to process what Ruby meant by that as she calls out for Penny.

Ruby: "Penny!"

Penny: "Ruby!"

Penny lifts up her own arms, as she tackles her friends. Ruby getting squished between them.

Ruby: "Why..." She groans weakly

F/n: "Robot?" He still questions

They get up as Penny introduces Ruby and F/n her teammate.

Penny: "Ruby, this is my teammate."

Ciel: "Ciel Soleil." She bows formally

Ruby: "Hi! I'm Ru-"

Ciel: "Ruby Rose. 15. Hails from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY(F). Status: Questionable."

F/n: "And I'm--"

Ciel: "F/n L/n. 17. Lion Faunus. Hails from Menagerie. Member of Team RWBY(F). Status: Exceptional."

F/n: "Just like winter."