V.2 CH.2: Welcome To Beacon

At Beacon, large and unnerving ship descends upon a landing pad. At the top of a tower veiled behind clouds. Ozpin and Glynda can be seen through the window into Ozpin's office.

Glynda: "Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels."

Ozpin: "Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore." A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow-message 'Access Requested' on his desk. "Come in."

Beyond Ozpin's desk and facing the doors as they slide open to reveal Ironwood as Ozpin approaches to greet him.

Ironwood: "Ozpin!"

Ozpin stands at attention.

Ozpin: "Hello, General."

Ironwood: "Please, drop the formalities." Both approach and shake hands as Glynda also approaches. "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met."

Glynda: "Oh, James!" Gives a personable wave and then drops all pleasantries. "I'll be outside." She walks away.

Ironwood: "Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

As Ozpin speaks, the camera shifts and Glynda can be seen from behind Ozpin and Ironwood as she exits the room."

Ozpin: "So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?" He picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks. "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival." He turns and offers the cup to Ironwood, which he takes.

Ironwood: "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year." Ironwood produces a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug. "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up." Ozpin walks around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand, before he sits back down.

Ozpin: "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned."

Ironwood: "Well, concern is what brought them here."

Ozpin: "I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult."

Ironwood: "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."

Ozpin: "We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression."

Ironwood: "But if what Qrow said is true..."

Ozpin: "If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully." Ozpin emphasizes this as he holds up an index finger. "It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent."

Ironwood: "I'm just being cautious."

Ozpin: "As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can."

Ironwood: "Believe me, I am." Ironwood turns and walks away. He stops near the door and looks back at Ozpin. "But ask yourself this: Do you honestly believe your children can win a war?" He continues on his way to the exit.