V.3 CH.8: Destiny

Outside of RWBY(F)'s dorm, two Atlesian Knight-200s are guarding the room. Inside the room, Ironwood is consoling Yang with Ruby by her and with Weiss and Blake on the other bed.

Ironwood: "I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice."

Yang: "But he attacked me!" she angrily replies

Ironwood: "Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise."

Weiss: "But Yang would never do that!"

Ruby: "Yeah!" she stands up, obviously defending her sister

Ironwood: "You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances." The entire team looks despondent. "What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past..."

Yang: "But I wasn't-"

Ironwood: "That's ENOUGH!" He gives an angry stern, making the whole room fall silent. "The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified."

Yang's shock turns miserable, she looks to the ground, and Ironwood leaves the room. When the door clicks shut, she turns to her friends.

Yang: "You guys believe me, right?"

Ruby: "Duh!"

Weiss: "You're hotheaded, but not ruthless." she shakes her head

Yang: "Blake?"

Blake turns her gaze away, earning a shocked look between Ruby and Weiss.

Blake: "I want to believe you..."

Ruby: "Huh!?"

Weiss: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Yang's eyes widening, tears forming instantly

Yang: "Blake?" she says her name in a hurt voice

Weiss: "How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!"

Blake: "I knew someone that change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual - little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents, then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. Until F/n showed me the light." Yang looks up, tears now falling down her face. "But you're not him. And you've never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I will trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that he attacked you. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did."

Yang: "I saw him attack me, so I attacked back." she says as calmly as possible

Blake lets out a deep breath as she closes her eyes and smiles, looking at her partner.

Blake: "Okay. Thank you."

Yang: "I think I'm gonna rest up."