V.3 CH.9: PVP

Over in the headmaster's office, Ozpin himself is walking back to his desk and pouring himself a drink from his teapot as he watches the Vytal Festival Tournament's roulette system deciding the next match.

Oobleck: "Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!" He says over the broadcast

Port: "It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina, from Atlas! And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos, from Beacon!"

Ozpin seats himself behind his desk and takes a sip from his cup as he stares at the "randomized" fight to be.

~~Amity Colosseum~~

In the docking bay of the Colosseum, a ship lands, opening its doors with several people coming out to watch the fight. Most noticeable was the Faunus with a Lion's tail, F/n. He sighs deeply as he repeats three words.

F/n: "Don't mess up..."

Following the crowd of people, he finds himself in the stadium. He looks around, finding where to sit until he sees a familiar 'friend.'

In the Arena, Pyrrha is still looking hesitant and distracted while Penny politely salutes her opponent.

Penny: "Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!"

The troubled Pyrrha doesn't respond, looking at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination.

Penny: "This is going to be so much fun!" She doesn't notice Pyrrha reluctance

Back in the audience, F/n makes his way down the stairs and beside his friend.

F/n: "Do you mind if I sit here?" He asks the green-haired girl

Emerald: "I don't mind at all." She gives a reassuring smile

F/n sits down, humming to himself before he begins talking.

F/n: "How about we catch up a bit?"

Emerald: "I don't mind. It would be great to talk to you after this place is finished..."

In the same structure behind closed doors, Ruby I facing down an up-and-standing Mercury, who's smugly smiling at the younger girl's confusion.

Ruby: "Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt! Why..." She narrows her eyes in suspicion. "What's going on?" Mercury doesn't answer, still grinning with malice. "Fine. If you're not going to tell me..." She attempts to move around him, but he blocks her path, then does it again when she sidesteps

Oobleck: "Fighters, are you ready?" He says over the announcement, catching Ruby's attention

Mercury smirks.

Penny beams widely in anticipation, but Pyrrha is still looking around as if in a daze, though she manages a small scowl at her opponent, her weapons Miló and Akoúo̱ already in hand.

Ironwood calmly sits to observe the fight,  Nora and Ren cheer for their teammate while Jaune simply watches anxiously.

Oobleck: "3, 2, 1... BEGIN!"

Suddenly, Penny is surrounded by Floating Array, gesturing the swords around to her command before launching a volley of them at Pyrrha, who runs towards them and leaps through or deflects each aimed blade. The swords fly into the air until they turn around and come back to the fight...