V.2 CH.9: Field Trip

A/n: In the first chapters, I was leaning on the pervy side, but changed that in like the middle of the book, but now I decided to go back to my somewhat pervy side again.

~~~

Inside Ozpin's office, with Ironwood and Goodwitch keeping the headmaster company.

Ironwood: "They were here..." He raises his voice. "Ozpin, they were here!"

Ironwood angrily slams his fist against Ozpin's desk.

Glynda: "We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James."

Ironwood: "Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!"

An alert sound plays, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator.

Ozpin: "Come in."

Ruby steps out and into the room.

Ruby: "Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here." She pauses before quickly explaining herself. "It wasn't me."

Ozpin: "Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?"

Ruby: "Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three."

Everyone stares silently.

Ruby: "Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it."

Ironwood: "Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could."

Ruby: "Thank you, sir."

Ozpin: "Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add."

Glynda: "Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?"

Ruby: "I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked."

Glynda: "Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby."

Ironwood: "Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone."

Ruby: "Wait. You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?"

Ozpin: "It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together."

Ruby: "Actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast. Just outside the Kingdom."

Ozpin: "Interesting."

Glynda: "I thought you said the intruder never-"

Ozpin: "Thank you for your cooperation, Ruby. Why don't you go and spend some time with your team? You have a big day ahead of you."