V.2 CH.1: Best Day Ever

In Streets of Vale, the owner of the Dust shop 'From Dust Till Dawn' is hanging a sign declaring its re-opening. As he climbs down from his ladder, he stumbles and falls. Emerald Sustrai appears next to him.

Emerald: "'Scuse me, sorry. I'm not really from around here." She helps him to his feet. "Would you mind pointing me in the direction of this shop?"

Emerald produces a piece of paper with writing on it and the shopkeep looks it over.

Shopkeep: "Hmm? Mm-hmm."

Emerald walks away from the shop owner as both wave goodbye and passes Mercury Black at a corner.

Mercury: "I knew you were lost."

Emerald: "Mercury, I will seriously pay you to shut up." She produces a wallet with Lien and waves it in Mercury's face.

Mercury: "That's not your money."

Emerald: "But it can be yours for 5 minutes of silence."

Mercury: "Mmmm... no deal."

Emerald: "Fine." Emerald takes the Lien and tosses the wallet, turning to walk away.

Mercury: "Whatever. You want me."

~~~

Mercury and Emerald are walking through the city.

Mercury: "So, how much farther?"

Emerald: "A few blocks."

Mercury: "Ugh... this place is so dull."

Emerald: "Eh, I kinda like it. Tall buildings, diverse culture..."

Mercury: "And nice dopey people who are easy to pickpocket."

Emerald stops.

Emerald: "That's every city."

Mercury: "Ooh, Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!"

Emerald glares at him, groaning angrily. She then walks away from him.

Mercury: "Ugh... you're no fun today."

Mercury follows behind Emerald. The scene shifts to Emerald and Mercury entering a shop full of books. The shop owner can be heard humming a tune. Mercury stops near the door to look at books while Emerald approaches the counter and rings a service bell.

Tukson: "Be right there!" Emerald looks back at Mercury. The shop owner is seen through a set of double doors carrying stacks of books as he walks backwards and out toward the counter. "Welcome to 'Tukson's Book Trade', home to every book under the sun!" He sets down the books. "How may I..." Turning around, he gasps and hesitates upon recognizing the two of them. Mercury is now holding a book. "How may I help you?"

Mercury: "Just browsing. He shuts the book, he was reading

Emerald: "Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of 'The Thief and The Butcher'?"

Tukson: "Yes we do."

Emerald: "That's great."