chapter five

It was already pretty late and Karl was getting tired as well. They have been watching two Harry Potter movies and Quackity and George were still sleeping.

"You guys can stay over if you want. Well, I guess you don't even have another option", Dream said and snorted while looking over to Quackity.

Quackity was Karl's drive home, good that he's asleep now.

"I'll stay here",  Sapnap said and outstretched his arms before yawning.

Dream rolled his eyes and smiled.

"What about you, Karl?", he asked and pulled George on his lap closer to his chest.

"Karl will stay over as well", Sapnap smiled up at the brunet.

"Uhm, I guess you're right...I don't have another option", he answered and drove a hand through his hair.

"So we're having a sleepover?", Sapnap giggled and wiggled with his eyebrows.

"Yeah sure", the blond snorted again and sat up a little bit.

"Well, there's enough space for two people on the couch and we have one guest room. Me and George are gonna sleep in my room, alright?", his hands slipped under George's thighs and he lifted him up carefully. The British boy's legs swung their way around Dream's torso and he buried his head into the taller boy's chest.

"Okay", Karl said.

He watched the two boys leaving the living room and sighed.

"I can sleep on the couch. I guess it's the best since you and Quackity don't like each other that much", he turned around to face Sapnap.

Sapnap's eyes were closed and he hummed in agreement.

They were silent for a bit and it was pretty awkward. Well for Karl it was awkward. Sapnap was probably too high to notice anyway.

"So, you're gonna go to sleep now or?", Karl asked and cleared his throat.

Sapnap sighed and sat up before saying: "Alright".

He stood up and Karl watched him going to the door that lead into the garden. He frowned.

"Where are you going?".

Sapnap didn't answer, he just opened the door and went outside. Karl stood up as well. Did he really need to play the babysitter right now?

"Sapnap, come back inside. It's freezing out here", he embraced himself and looked around to find Sapnap leaning against the railing of the veranda.

He had a cigarette in one hand and lead it up to his mouth. Karl walked up to him and stood himself next to him, looking at the boy with a disappointed look.

"What? You're playing the mum right now?", Sapnap snorted and inhaled.

"That is very unhealthy".

Karl wanted to take the cigarette out of his hand but Sapnap backed up.

"You want to try something?", he asked and blow the smoke up in the air.

"What?".

"Say yes or no".

"Do I want to try what?", Karl slightly got annoyed.

"Forget about it", Sapnap sighed and inhaled again.

Karl got curious and without even thinking he said: "Ok, yes".

Suddenly, Sapnap leaned forward to Karl's face. He felt his face getting hotter and he really wanted to slap himself for that. His eyes were scanning Sapnap's whole face and then they connected with the gaze of the boy. They were looking each other in the eyes for a few seconds until Karl broke the staring contest and sighed nervously.