chapter nineteen

The weekend was over and so was Karl's freetime. He frowned and turned around in his bed, annoyance growing inside of him instantly as he heard his alarm going off. His hand reached out to the phone on his nightstand and he quickly snoozed the alarm.

"Karl? Are you awake?", his second alarm, his mother called for him.

"Yeah", he mumbled.

Just as he heard his mother scream again, he remembered that she probably didn't have heard him. So he somehow forced himself to stand up and get ready. After quickly telling his mother that he's awake, he went into the bathroom to get himself ready. It didn't took him long enough to stand fully dressed in front of his mirror. His hand hovered above the hair gel but after he remembered what people thought about his hair styled, he instantly changed his mind. He didn't like it as well, to be fair.

"Quackity is already here", his mother was cutting an apple, her whole attention on it. Next to her was a small box and she shoved the sliced apple inside it, before giving the box to her son.

"There you go", she smiled at him and Karl smiled back.

"Thank you, mum".

He was lucky to have her.

He quickly put the box inside his backpack and walked to the door. The warm air hit him and a small smile formed on his lips as he inhaled the spring air. It would soon be spring break and he couldn't wait for it, could't wait to spent it with his friends. One of them was currently waiting in a car in front of his house. He already saw him sitting impatiently in it and Karl walked slowly towards it.

"What am I supposed to call you now? A snail?", the smaller boy sighed and immediately started the car as soon as the brunet seated himself down on the passenger seat.

"What's the hurry? I'm not even that late", he put on the seatbelt, eyeing the boy next to him with confused eyes.

"You are late!", Quackity groaned and stepped on the gas.

Because of the unnormal speed they were driving, they somehow arrived at the school within minutes. The boy with the beanie literally jumped out of the car and ran towards the building. His body turned around as he sensed that Karl isn't following him.

"Do you want to get detention? Come on!", he opened his door.

The brunet slowly got out of it and Quackity just looked at him with a half hidden frown on his forehead, the other half under the beanie.

"Oh my god! Seriously, is there something wrong with you today?", Quackity grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the school, ignoring the annoyed groan Karl made.

"No! It's just maths in the first period!", they stopped at their lockers and the taller boy didn't bother to get something out of his.

Suddenly, something caught his attention. Not something, Sapnap actually.

He was walking towards them and his mouth twitched slightly as he swung his backpack on his shoulder.

Karl's heart stopped beating for a second.

"Hey guys", Sapnap said and tossed them a smile.

"Hey", Quackity sighed.

Karl didn't answer.

"Everything alright?", his eyebrows were scrunched as he looked at Quackity.

"Yeah, Karl's just being annoying today", he shook his head, a soft laugh escaped his lips later on.

"Really? Why's that Karl?", Sapnap turned around to face the taller boy, a crooked smile on his face.

The brunet's eyebrows rose and he looked at the boy in front of him in disbelief. What is he playing right now? Did he forget about what happened a few days ago? Did he forget that they kissed and that he literally called him disgusting.