chapter ten

The sunlight was softly shining onto Karl's face. He frowned and yawned, before he buried his head more down into the pillow below him. Suddenly, he felt two arms pulling him closer to the pillow.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked up.

His heart did a flip as he saw Sapnap sleeping peaceful beneath him, his head snuggled down almost against his forehead.

Karl backed up a little bit, carefully so he wouldn't wake up the smaller boy.

What happened yesterday? Did he really fell asleep on Sapnap? Did they really just sleep 17 hours? What the fuck?

Then, he remembered what happened.

His cheeks were getting hotter and a smile creeped up on his lips. Sapnap's arms were still resting around his torso and Karl felt a shiver running down his spine as soon as he recognized the two arms around himself.

It was currently 9AM.

He should probably wake the smaller boy up.

"Sapnap?", he whispered and slightly shook him.

"Sapnap, you need to wake up".

Sapnap frowned and groaned quietly before he suddenly pulled Karl down on his chest again.

"Sapnap y-", he tried his best not to squeak as the smaller boy buried his head down on his head.

"You just woke up and already smell so good", he heard him mumble.

Karl didn't know what to answer, he just sighed and relaxed a little bit.

"Seriously, we need to get up. We slept 17 hours", the brunet said.

"And? Quackity told me you didn't sleep well the last few days and you deserve the rest".

The taller boy bit his lip, trying to hide the smile which was forming on his lips.

Sapnap didn't want to stand up nor let Karl go. He didn't want to end this moment, he was afraid that it'd be awkward afterwards. His heart was already beating so fast and the butterflies in his stomach started dancing as soon as the scent of the boy surrounded him.

"Let's get some breakfast, 'kay?", Karl's voice sounded soft and Sapnap smiled slightly.

"Alright", he sighed.

He removed his arms slowly and he already felt his heart getting heavier. Then, Karl stood up and left the bed and Sapnap felt somehow empty and wrong. This was wrong. Everything. He shouldn't be feeling like this, not already. This was ridiculous, how can someone fall so quickly?

The smaller boy was afraid of the feelings that were developing right now in his big, broken heart. He was so afraid of it. Afraid that Karl would break it as well or worse, Sapnap would break Karl's heart.

The pain in his side came back as he slowly stood up. He took a sharp breath and closed his eyes, eyebrows scrunched in a frown.

"Hey, are you alright?", Karl was already in front of him, his arms outstretched and ready to help.

"I'm fine", Sapnap took another deep breath and opened his eyes.

His heart warmed when his eyes met the worried gaze of his opposite.

"I'm fine, Karl", he repeated and smiled softly.

The brunet nodded, yet he was still helping him walking downstairs. To be honest, Sapnap did need that, his side was burning in pain.

"Karl? Honey, are you awake?".

The smaller boy tensed.

"Shit", Karl cursed and inhaled deeply.